|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Gwee Bah Hwee
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Assistant Chair (Outreach)
|Dr Gwee Bah Hwee received his BEng (Hons) degree from the University of Aberdeen, UK, in 1990. He received his Master of Engineering and PhD degrees from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, in 1992 and 1998 respectively.
He was an Assistant Professor in School of EEE, NTU from 1999 to 2005 and has been an Associate Professor since 2005. He had held several school adminstrative committee appointments including Chairman of EEE Career Guidence Committee (2000 - 2005), Chairman of EEE Outreach Committee (2005 - 2009) and Assistant Chair - Students (2010 - 2014).
Dr Gwee was the Principal Investigators (PIs) of a number of research projects including the ASEAN-European Union University Network Programme, Ministry of Education (MoE) Tier-1 and Tier-2, Defence Science and Technology Agency, Temasek Laboratories and A-STAR PSF projects. He was also the co-PIs of DARPA (USA), NTU-Panasonic, NTU-Lingköping research projects. His total research grant is amounting to more than US$8m. He has filed and granted several USA and Singapore patents in circuit design. His research interests include sub-threshold, dynamic voltage scaling asynchronous circuit, GALS NoC and Class-D amplifier designs. Dr Gwee was awarded Awarded TL@NTU Best Publication Award in 2012 and the NTU EEE Teaching Excellence Award – Year 3 in 2013.
He was the Chairman of IEEE Singapore Circuits and Systems Chapter in 2005, 2006 and 2013. He has been the members of IEEE CAS Society DSP, VLSI and Bio-CAS Technical Committees since 2004. He has served in the Organizing Committees for IEEE BioCAS-2004, IEEE APCCAS-2006, Technical Program Chair for ISIC-2007, co-Chair for ISIC-2011 and served in the steering committee for IEEE APCCAS 2006 - 2008. He has been an associate editor for journal of Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing (2007 - 2012), an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II – Express Brief (2010 - 2011) and an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I – Regular Papers (2012-2013). He is a senior member of IEEE and was an IEEE Distinguished Lecturer for CAS Society in 2009/2010.
|Low Power Asynchronous Microprocessor and Digital Signal Processor Design, Digital Class-D Amplifier Design, Bio-informatics Soft computing and Acoustical Noise Reduction|
- ASIC FA Phase 2
- Project Hardware Assurance
- Research Programme in Assuring Hardware Security by Design in Systems on Chip (SOCure)
- Side-Channel-Attack-Resistant (SCA-resistant) Nano AES-128 Accelerator for Internet-of-Thing (IoT)
- Sub-Project 2 - Feasibility Study: A Hierarchy Extractor
- Thrust 1 - Low Power Non-imprinting Memory Design with High-Speed Erase
- R. Zhou, K.S. Chong, B.H. Gwee and J.S. Chang. (2014). A Low Overhead Quasi-Delay-Insensitive (QDI) Asynchronous Data Path Synthesis Based on Microcell-Interleaving Genetic Algorithm (MIGA). IEEE Transactions on Computer - Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, v33(n7), pp989-1002.
- T. Lin, K.S. Chong, J.S. Chang and B.H. Gwee. (2013). An Ultra-Low Power Asynchronous-Logic In-Situ Self-Adaptive VDD System for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, 48(2), 573-586.
- K.S. Chong, K.L. Chang, B.H. Gwee and J.S. Chang. (2012). Synchronous-logic and Globally-Asynchronous-Locally-Synchronous (GALS) Acoustic Digital Signal Processors. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, 47(3), 769-780.
- C.F. Law, B.H. Gwee and J.S. Chang. (2011). Modeling and Synthesis of Asynchronous Pipelines. IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, 19(4), 682-695.
- B.H. Gwee, J.S. Chang, Y. Shi, C.C. Chua and K.S. Chong. (2009). A Low-Voltage Micropower Asynchronous Multiplier with Shift-Add Multiplication Approach. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I-Regular Papers, 56(7), 1349-1359.