|Darren obtained his PhD degree in Chemical Engineering from The University of New South Wales, Australia. He has research interests in the field of membrane water and wastewater treatment, water reclamation and heavy metals stabilization, particularly in applying physical and chemical principles for fundamental research. Recently he is heavily engaged in the study of novel membrane technologies for water and energy production including hybrid membrane bioreactor, membrane coagulation system and TiO2 based nano-structured/fiber/tube membrane. Externally, Darren holds visiting Professorship at Shandong University, PR China. He is a Chair for International Water Associate (IWA) Specialist Group on Chemical Industries and Associate Editor for Water Science and Technology.|
- Zhang Xiwang, Alan Jianhong Du, Peifung Lee, Darren Delai Sun, James O Leckie. (2008). TiO2 nanowire membrane for concurrent filtration and photocatalytic oxidation of humic acid in water. Journal of Membrane Science, 313(1-2), 44-51.
- Khor, S.L., Sun, D.D., Liu, Y.J. and Leckie, J.O. (2007). Biofouling development and rejection enhancement in long SRT MF membrane bioreactor. Process Biochemistry, .
- Sun, Darren Delai and Wu, Ming.(2007). Recycling and Reuse of High Purity Water from Semiconductor Integrated Circuits Manufacturing Processes. Trends in Conservation and Recycling of ResourcesNova Science Publishers, Inc.
- Liu, ZY, Sun, DD, Peng G and Leckie JO. (2007). One-step Fabrication of High Photocatalytic Activity and Porous TiO2 Hollow Microspherical Photocatalysts by a Low-temperature Hydrothermal Method Without Template. Chemistry - A European Journal, 13, 1851-1855.
- Ng, CA, Sun, DD and Fane, AG. (2006). Operation of Membrane Bioreactor with Powdered Activated Carbon Addition. Separation Science and Technology, 41(7), 1447-1466.