|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Dino Accoto
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Dr Dino Accoto (MS Mech Eng 1998, PhD 2002 in Biorobotics from Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pisa – Italy) is associate professor at the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at NTU. Formerly he was at Universita' Campus Bio-Medico di Roma (UCBM, Rome, Italy), where he also served as deputy chair for the MS program in Biomedical Engineering. Before joining UCBM he was assistant professor of Bioengineering at Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna di Pisa (Pisa, Italy) and visiting researcher at Stanford University (CA, USA). |
He co-authored more than 110 peer-reviewed full-length papers. He is also the main inventor of more than 10 patent families and the co-founder of two spin-off companies, respectively active in the fields of microengineering and rehabilitation robotics.
|Design, development and testing of biomedical robots and biomechatronic systems for:|
- human augmentation;
- biological and biomedical investigations;
- physical assistance;
- Building blocks for next generation soft robots
- Robotic Foot Testing Equipment
- Smart Exosuits for Human Augmentation in Industrial Working Environment
- Smart Rehabilitation Exosuits for Clinic and Home Assistance
- Kieran Little, Chris W. Antuvan, Michele Xiloyannis, Bernardo A.P.S. de Noronha, Yongtae G. Kim, Lorenzo Masia and Dino Accoto. (2019). IMU-based assistance modulation in upper limb soft wearable exosuits. International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics.
« Back to Category Write-up