|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Cui Feng
Lecturer, School of Humanities
Phone: +65 67904179
Office: HSS 03 10
|Name: Cui Feng |
Present appointment: Lecturer, Chinese Programme;
Guest Lecturer, Master of Arts in Translation and Interpretation, SoH;
Coordinator, Minor in Translation Programme, Chinese Programme;
Coordinator, Han Suyin Scholarship Fund (in Translation Studies), SoH.
School: School of Humanities
Ph.D. in Translation Studies, 2012 Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
M.A. in Comparative Literature and Translation Studies, 2006 Shanghai International Studies University, China
B.A.in English Language and Literature, 2003 Nantong University, China
1) My main area of research is Translation Studies, focusing in particular on the history of translation, translation theories, and criticism of translation skills. My secondary area of research is Comparative Literature, focusing on the literary relations between China and other Countries.
2) My current research interest is the relationship between politics, literature and translation in the People’s Republic of China from the 1950s to the 1980s.
Main research project:
“Translation and Politics in the People's Republic of China in the 1950s and 1960s: its Significance to Modern Translation Studies”, MOE AcRF Tier 1, March 2017-February 2019, PI.
Honors and awards:
1) The John Cheung Social Media Award, NTU
2) Outstanding Contribution to the Microsite as a Translator for the Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games, Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee
2) Nomited for SOH Lecturers Excellence (LEX) Award
3) Nominated for HSS Nanyang Education Award
4) Nomited for Nanyang Outstanding Young Alumni Award
- Translation and Politics in the People's Republic of China in the 1950s and 1960s: its Significance to Modern Translation Studies
- Sun Mengyi, Cui Feng. (2019). The Dynamic Evolution between Society, Language and Translation: A Case Study of Europeanised Chinese Language and Translation in Lianhe Zaobao. Studies of Translation and Interpretation, (21), 125–146.
- Cui Feng, Qin Qin. (2019). The Enduring Significance of Han Suyin’s Translation Philosophies: in the Historical and Cultural Contexts of Mainland China. The International Symposium of Literature, Culture and Translation: An International Symposium on Han Suyin.
- Cui Feng. (2019). Ideological Manipulation and Literary Translation: A Case Study of the Cessation and Revival of World Literature. The 3rd East Asian Translation Studies Conference.
- Cui Feng. (2019). Translation, Literature and Politics: Using World Literature as an Example（1953-1966）. Nanjing University Press.
- Cui Feng, Arista Kuo Szu-Yu. (2018). From Yi Wen to Shijie Wenxue: The Politics in Translation in the People's Republic of China in the 1950s. Studies of Translation and Interpretation, (21), 59–78.
« Back to Category Write-up