|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Goh Teck Chee, Anthony
Associate Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Phone: +65 67905271
Office: N1 01B 41
|Dr Anthony Goh is an Associate Professor in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He received his B.Eng. (1st class Honours) and Ph.D. from Monash University, Australia. His teaching, research and professional practice have covered many aspects of geotechnical engineering including earth retaining structures, pile foundations, slope stability, reliability analysis and soil liquefaction. He has developed and used various finite element codes for the analysis of retaining wall systems since 1981.|
|In recent years, A/P Goh's research has been concentrated in three areas:
(a) He has pioneered, and is at the forefront of research into the use of artificial intelligence (AI) methodologies for solving civil engineering problems. His journal publications have often been cited, particularly in the area of seismic liquefaction assessment.
(b) He has been at the forefront of research into studying braced excavations in clays, and the effects of lateral soil movements from excavation and embankment construction activities on existing piles.
(c) He has pioneered research to study the stability of excavations using the finite element method. Recently, he has pioneered work to incorporate uncertainty and reliability concepts into the design of geotechnical structures and to assess their serviceability performance.
- Numerical Study Of Pile Response Under Blast Loading
- GOH, A.T.C., GOH, S.H. (2007). Invited Contribution. Support vector machines: their use in geotechnical engineering as illustrated using seismic liquefaction data. Computers and Geotechnics, 34(5), 410-421.
- GOH, A.T.C., KULHAWY, F.H. (2005). Reliability assessment of serviceability performance of braced retaining walls using a neural network approach. International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 29(6), 627-642.
- GOH, A.T.C., KULHAWY, F.H., CHUA, C.G. (2005). Bayesian neural network analysis of undrained side resistance of drilled shafts. ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 131(1), 84-93.
- Goh, A.T.C. (1999). Genetic algorithm search for critical slip surface in multi-wedge stability analysis. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 36(4).
- Goh, A.T.C. (1994). Seismic liquefaction potential assessed by neural networks. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 120(9), 1467-1480.
« Back to Category Write-up