|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Fung Tat Ching
Director, Research Support Office
Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Office: N1 01C 88/ N2.1-B4-01
|Prof Fung is currently in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering since 1991. He received his Bachelor and Ph.D degrees in Civil Engineering from the University of Hong Kong. His research interests include structural behaviour of tubular joints and the design of higher order time-step integration algorithms. He has done significant research work his research areas and published over 100 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a referee and reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals, including International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering etc.|
|Prof Fung's areas of expertise are Computational Mechanics and Structural Engineering. His current research works focus on structural behaviour of tubular joints and the design of higher order time-step integration algorithms.|
- Intensification of Low-Density Developments: FUNCTIONAL BRIDGING BUILDINGS
- Modelling of Fibre-Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Strengthened Reinforced Concrete Walls subject to Blast and Fragment Loadings
- Numerical Studies to Model Combined Blast and Fragments Loading on Protective Structures
- To Develop A Design Guideline And Analytical Tool To Mitigate Progressive Collapse Of Buildings Against Explosive Effects (GPC)
- Qing-Jun Yu, Chi-King Lee, Tat-Ching Fung. (2017). PROCEEDINGS of 6th International Conference on Design and Analysis of Protective Structures (DAPS 2017): A practical algorithm (fast running tool) based on simplified numerical simulation for debris prediction of real-size Earth-Covered-Magazine (ECM) under internal detonation. 6th International Conference on Design and Analysis of Protective Structures (DAPS 2017) (pp. 707-720)Melbourne, Australia: Organising Committee 6th International Conference on Design and Analysis of Protective Structures (DAPS 2017).
- Li Gen, Yu Q.J., Tan K.H., Fung T.C. (2017, October). Numerical Simulation of CFRP to Concrete Interface Dynamic Bond-slip Process. Paper presented at The 17th International Symposium on the Interaction of the Effects of Munitions with Structures (17th ISIEMS), Bad Neuenahr, Germany.
- Fung T. C., Tan K. H., Nguyen, M. P. (2016). Structural behaviour of the CHS T-joints subjected to static in-plane bending. Journal of Structural Engineering, 142(3), 04015155.
- Liu C., Tan, K.H., Fung T.C. (2013). Dynamic behaviour of web cleat connections subjected to sudden column removal scenario. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, .
- Tan K. H., Fung T. C., Nguyen, M. P. (2013). Structural behaviour of CHS T-joints subjected to brace axial compression in fire condition. Journal of Structural Engineering, 139(1), 73-84.
« Back to Category Write-up