|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Tan Kang Hai
Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
|Prof Tan Kang Hai is Associate Chair (Research) in the School of Civil & Environmental Engineering. He received his Bachelor and PhD degrees in Civil Engineering from the University of Manchester. His research interests include structural fire engineering, strut and tie modelling of reinforced concrete structures, composite steel joints, heat transfer analysis and evacuation modelling. He has published over 80 top quality international journal papers and another 90 or so international conference papers. He has often been invited as a reviewer for ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, Engineering Structures, ACI Strucutural Journal and Journal of Constructional Steel Research. He also serves as a member of review panel for the UK EPSRC on research proposals related to structural fire engineering. He serves as a technical committee member of a few international conferences, including co-Chairman of Structures-in-Fire 2008 International Conference. Dr. Tan is a Professional Engineer in Singapore, and is currently Deputy Director of Protective Technology Research Centre.|
|A/P Tan's research interests include structural fire engineering, strut and tie modelling of reinforced concrete structures, progressive collapse analysis and testing of structures, finite element programs for heat transfer analysis and nonlinear structural analysis and evacuation modelling using cellular automata.|
- Active Solution for Sustainability
- Building Security Research - MHA (Overhead)
- DEPATHSS: Dynamic Egress PlAnning ThrougH valid Symbiotic Simulation.
- Development of Analytical Tools for Progressive Collapse Analysis due to Terrorist Bombing (2 of 2)
- Efficient reliability and resilience analysis of the existing structures and infrastructures
- Engineering Software for Eurocode Element Design and Detailing of Industrial Precast Components
- Fire Retarding ceUHPFC Structure for Underground Applications
- Fire and corrosion resistant coatings for steel structures
- Future of Construction and Underground
- GIS-based Lifecycle Durability Assessment of Underground Infrastructures
- Generation III Coatings: Fire Resistance and Beyond
- Holistic Management of HDB Flats against Spalling Concrete
- Intelligent Urban Solutions
- Life Safety and Structural Fire Safety of Mega Underground Caverns in Singapore
- Modelling of Fibre-Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Strengthened Reinforced Concrete Walls subject to Blast and Fragment Loadings
- Overhead Recovery - SJ-NTU Corporate Lab
- Precast Static Testing
- Proof-Of-Concept, Proof-Of-Value and Test-Bedding in Smart Integrated Construction System
- Protective Tech RC
- Research study on thermal actions for bridge design in Singapore
- SJ@NTU Corporate Lab - Common Activities
- Structural Performance of HDB Buildings
- Substitution of Natural Sand with Granite Dust in Concrete Production
- The Development of Additive Manufacturing Technology for Construction
- The behaviour and design of innovative composite concrete-steel structural system
- To Develop A Design Guideline And Analytical Tool To Mitigate Progressive Collapse Of Buildings Against Explosive Effects (GPC)
- Wang Z.H and Tan K.H. (2008). Radiative heat transfer for structural members exposed to fire: An analytical approach. Journal of Fire Sciences, 26(2), 133-152.
- Tan, K.H., Yuan W.F. (2008). Buckling of Elastically Restrained Steel Columns under Longitudinal Non-Uniform Temperature Distribution. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 64(1), 51-61.
- Zhang N
Tan K.H. (2007). Size effect in RC deep beams: Experimental investigation and STM verification. Engineering Structures, 29(12), 3241-3254.
- Zhang Ning, Tan, K.H. (2007). Direct Strut-and-Tie Model for single span and continuous deep beams. Engineering Structures, 29(11), 2987-3001.
- Hu Ou'er, Tan, K.H., Liu Xiuhua. (2007). Behaviour and Strut-and-Tie Predictions of High-Strength Concrete Deep Beams with Trapezoidal Web Openings. Magazine of Concrete Research, 59(7), 529-541.
« Back to Category Write-up