|Prof Christos Panagopoulos is currently in the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences since 2008. He received his Bachelor’s of Science (Honours) degree in Physics from La Trobe University, Master’s of Science from Kyushu University and Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge. His research interests include phase control in smart materials operations, quantum magnetism and superconductivity, and electron motion through materials at their quantum limits. He has been the group leader of a European excellence team and has served as a visiting professor or scientist at a number of institutions, including the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Universities of British Columbia, Tohoku and Kyoto. Author of more than 50 research papers published in refereed journals, Panagopoulos has delivered more than 100 invited lectures at international meetings and universities. Honours accorded Panagopoulos include the European Young Investigators Award, the European Excellence Grant and his election as Research Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge and University Research Fellow of The Royal Society, UK.|
- A.Okada, S. He, B. Gu, S. Kanai, A. Soumyanarayanan, S. Lim, M. Tran, M. Mori, S. Maekawa, F. Matsukura, H. Ohno and C. Panagopoulos. (2017). Magnetization dynamics and its scattering mechanism in thin CoFeB films with interfacial anisotropy. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS), 114, 3815.
- X. Y. Tee, T. Ito, T. Ushiyama, Y. Tomioka, I. Martin, and C. Panagopoulos. (2017). Two superconducting transitions in single crystal La2-xSrxCuO4. Physical Review B (Condensed Matter and Materials Physics), 95, 054516.
- A.Soumyanarayanan, N. Reyren, A. Fert and C. Panagopoulos. (2016). Emergent phenomena induced by spin-orbit coupling at surfaces and interfaces. Nature, 539, 509.
- Jak Chakhalian, John W. Freeland, Andrew J. Millis, Christos Panagopoulos, and James M. Rondinelli. (2014). Emergent properties in plane view: Strong correlations at oxide interfaces. REVIEWS OF MODERN PHYSICS, 86, 1189.
- I. Raicevic, J. Jaroszynski, D. Popovic, C. Panagopoulos and T. Sasagawa, Phys. Rev. Lett. (2008). Evidence for charge glasslike behavior in lightly doped La2-xSrxCuO4 at low temperatures. Physical Review Letters, 101(177004).