|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Tan Choon Hong
Chair, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
Professor, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences - Division of Chemistry & Biological Chemistry
|Professor Tan is the Acting Chair in the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University. |
Prof. Tan received his BSc (Hons), First Class from the National University of Singapore in 1995 and completed his PhD from the University of Cambridge in 1999. Following that, he carried out two years postdoctoral training at the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University. Subsequently, he worked as a Research Associate at Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School for another year before joined the Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore as Assistant Professor in 2003. He was then promoted to Associate Professor in 2010. He joined Nanyang Technological University in 2012 as an Associate Professor and was promoted to Full Professor in 2016.
Professor Tan is also concurrently holding the position as the Director for the CN Yang Scholars Program as well as the President at the Singapore National Institute of Chemistry.
|Professor Tan’s research interest is in the field of Synthetic Organic Chemistry and Catalysis, Radiochemistry. He also conducts research in the field of catalysis, in particular the development of new catalysts towards practical asymmetric synthesis. Over the years, Professor Tan had published many top quality journal papers and has more than 120 journal papers with current citation count of more than 6000. His H-Index is 45.|
- Advancement of 11C Radiolabeling and Microfluidic Technologies for PET Imaging
- Development Of Next-Generation Antibiofilm Drugs
- Development of Bisguanidinium for Ion-Pairing Catalysis with Organometallic Anions
- Development of Chemoenzymatic Reactions using Nanomoles of Solid Reagents on Glass Beads
- Development of Chiral Bisguanidinium Dicationic Salts for Ion-Pairing Catalysis with Silicate and Zincate Anions
- Development of Chiral Cationic Catalysis
- Development of Pentanidiums as a Phase Transfer Catalysts for Practical Asymmetric Synthesis
- Development of a Robotic System for Enantioselective Michael Reactions
- Drug Discovery And Synthetic Biology
- Graphene Oxide and its Hydrids as Carbocatalysts and Recyclable Catalysts
- Halogen Bonding in Catalysis – Reaction Development and Computational Studies
- Subnanometre Silicon(0) and Germanium(0) Clusters for Catalysis and Electronics
- Synthesis of Congested Chiral Carbon Centers Using Halogenophilic Substitution
- Synthetic Channel-Based Biomimetic Membranes for Desalination
- L. Zong, C.-H. Tan. (2017). Phase-Transfer and Ion-Pairing Catalysis of Pentanidiums and Bisguanidiniums. Accounts of Chemical Research, 50(4), 842-856.
- L. Zong, C. Wang, X. Ye, C.-H. Tan. (2016). Bisguanidinium dinuclear oxodiperoxomolybdosulfate ion pair-catalyzed enantioselective sulfoxidation. Nature Communications, 7, 13455.
- X. Ye, A. M. P. Moeljadi, K. F. Chin, H. Hirao, L. Zong, C.-H. Tan. (2016). Enantioselective Sulfoxidation Catalyzed by a Bisguanidinium Diphosphatobisperoxotungstate Ion Pair. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 55(25), 7101.
- C. Wang, L. Zong, C.-H. Tan. (2015). Enantioselective Oxidation of Alkenes with Potassium Permanganate Catalyzed by Chiral Dicationic Bisguanidinium. Journal of the Chemical Society, 137(33), 10677-10682.
« Back to Category Write-up