|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Li Bing
Associate Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
|Dr Li received his B.Eng. degree in Structural Engineering from Tong Ji University, Shanghai, and his Ph.D. from the University of Canterbury, New Zealand. Dr. Li has taught graduate and undergraduate courses in the area of structural design, including courses on the behavior, design, and assessment of reinforced concrete structures.
Dr. Li has research interests primarily in the areas of seismic performance of reinforced concrete building structures. Most recently, Dr Li is actively working in the areas of anti-terrorist design and evaluation for government and commercial facilities, and research & development blast testing for explosive effects on conventional reinforced concrete structures and buildings made from precast concrete.
|Earthquake and Blast Resistant Design: Seismic and blast resistant design of reinforced concrete buildings and buildings incorporating precast concrete elements. Development blast testing for explosive effects on reinforced concrete structures.
Structural Concrete: Design and behavior of reinforced and precast concrete structures, reinforcement detailing and cyclic strut-and-tie models.
Structural Dynamics: Non-linear dynamic response of buildings subjected to blast and seismic loadings. Probabilistic performance assessment of reinforced concrete structures in blast environments.
- Building Security Research - MHA (Overhead)
- Building Security Research - MHA: Development of a Geographical Information System (GIS) for Earthquake Response Monitoring of Buildings in Singapore
- Development of Analytical Tools for Progressive Collapse Analysis due to Terrorist Bombing (2 of 2)
- Seismic Hazard and Risk of Building Stock Within the Kallang Basin, Singapore (ICRM)
- Strengthening of unreinforced Masonry Building
- Temasek Foundation International – Nanyang Technological University (College of Engineering) Seismic Strengthening Programme in Gansu & Qinghai Provinces, China
- Water treatment at National Cancer Hospitals K1 & K2 (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- Kai Q, Li B, Zhang Z. (2016). Influence of Multicolumn Removal on the Behavior of RC Floors. Journal of Structural Engineering, 142(5), 04016006.
- Zhang ZW, Li B. (2016). Seismic Performance Assessment of Slender T-Shaped Reinforced Concrete Walls. Journal of Earthquake Engineering, .
- Zhang ZW, Li B, Qian K. (2015). Experimental Investigations on Seismically Damaged Nonrectangular Reinforced-Concrete Structural Walls Repaired by FRPs. Journal of Composites for Construction, 20(1), 04015033.
- Qian Kai and Bing Li. (2013). Experimental Study of Drop Panel Effects on the Response of Reinforced Concrete Flat Slabs after the Loss of a Corner Column. ACI Structural Journal, 110(28), 319-330.
- Li B, Huang ZH, Low YM, Ou J. (2012). Experimental and numerical study of the effects of heave plate on the motion of a new deep draft multi-spar platform. Journal of Marine Science and Technology, .
« Back to Category Write-up