|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Long Cheng
Assistant Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering
|Dr. LONG Cheng is currently an Assistant Professor at the School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU). From 2016 to 2018, he worked as a lecturer (Asst Professor) at Queen's University Belfast, UK. He got the PhD degree from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) in 2015. |
His research interests are broadly in data management, data mining and big data analytics with his vision to achieve scalable spatial computing, to make sense of urban related data for smarter cities, and to manage and analyze emerging big data such as sports data and IoT data for richer knowledge.
The excellence of his research has been recognized with one “Best Research Award” provided by ACM-Hong Kong, one “Fulbright-RGC Research Award” provided by Research Grant Council (Hong Kong), two “PG Paper Contest Awards” provided by IEEE-HK, and one “Overseas Research Award” provided by HKUST. He has served as a Program Committee member/referee for several top data management and data mining conferences/journals (TODS, VLDBJ, TKDE, ICDM, CIKM, etc.). He is member of ACM and IEEE.
We have opennings for PostDocs, PhD students, research assistants, visting scholars/students from time to time. Please send me an email (preferably with your CV attached) if you have interests.
|• Spatio-temporal data management and mining|
• Urban computing
• Distributed graph computing
• Big data (sampling, sketches, etc.)
• Artificial intelligence
- Efficient and Scalable Solutions to Big Graph Problems with High-Complexity: When Sampling Meets Distributed Systems
- Inferring Tourism Statistics from Publically Available Users’ Geo-Social Footprint Data
- Querying and analyzing groups of trajectories with representation learning
- Zheng Wang, Cheng Long, Gao Cong, Ce Ju. (2019). Effective and Efficient Sports Play Retrieval with Deep Representation Learning. ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD'19).
- Harry Kai-Ho Chan, Cheng Long, Da Yan, Raymond Chi-Wing Wong. (2019). Fraction-Score: A New Support Measure for Co-location Pattern Mining. IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE'19).
- Yansheng Wang, Yongxin Tong, Cheng Long, Pan Xu, Ke Xu, and Weifeng Lv. (2019). Adaptive Dynamic Bipartite Graph Matching: A Reinforcement Learning Approach. IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE'19).
- Harry Kai-Ho Chan, Cheng Long, and Raymond Chi-Wing Wong. (2019). On Generalizing Collective Spatial Keyword Queries (Extended Abstract). IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE'19).
« Back to Category Write-up