|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Choo Teck Min
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: +65 67905685
Office: S3 01B 44
|Choo Teck Min is a former Director of the Nanyang MBA Programme and previously the Associate Dean (Accountancy) at the Nanyang Business School. He is currently the Academic Director of the MSc (Accountancy) programme.|
He has taught Accounting at the Undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D. levels. He has won Teacher of the Year awards for the B. Acc, MBA and MSc (Accountancy) programmes.
His research interests are in financial accounting standards.
From 2010 to 2013, he served as the academic member on the Advisory Committee on Accounting Standards for Statutory Boards, an appointment by the Minister of Finance, Singapore. In December 2013, he was appointed by the Minister of Finance, Singapore to serve on the Accounting Standards Council (ASC), the accounting standard-setting body of Singapore. He is also currently a council member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA).
He was the Senate Chair of NTU from 2010 to 2012.
He received his Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) from National University of Singapore and Ph.D. in Accounting from the University of Pittsburgh, USA. He is professionally qualified as a FCA (Singapore).
|Professor Choo's area of research interest is in financial accounting standards.|
- A History and Prognosis of Values
- Ng Eng Juan, Choo Teck Min, Koh Wei Chern, Low Kin Yew. (2018). A Practical Guide to Financial Reporting Standards (Singapore) 7th Edition. Wolters Kluwer.
- Koh W. C., Choo T.M. and Ng E. J. (2015). Accounting for Construction Contracts: A Comparison of FRS 11 and FRS 115. IS Chartered Accountant, May, 52 - 55.
- Koh W.C., Ng E.J. and Choo T.M. (2014). Accounting for AFS Debt Securities Using the Effective Interest Rate Method under FRS 39. IS Chartered Accountant, .
- Choo T.M, Koh W.C. and Low K.Y. (2014). Proposed Accounting Standard Reopens Buy versus Lease Debate. Business Times, .
- Choo Teck Min, Lee Lip Nyean. (1998). Accounting for Extraordinary Items in Singapore: Empirical Findings and International Implications. Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, 6(2).
« Back to Category Write-up