|Dr. Lu is currently an associate professor in the School of Materials Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU). She obtained her B.Eng. and M.Eng. degrees in chemical engineering from Tsinghua University, China, in 1982 and 1984, respectively, and received her Ph.D. from the Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy, University of Cambridge in 1995. After a short stint at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, she worked as a research fellow in the Polymer Processing Group, Gintic Institute of Manufacturing (now known as Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech)) for about two-and-a-half years. She joined NTU in 1999 as an assistant professor. She also held a joint appointment in SIMTech between 2005 and 2006.|
- Shanxin Xiong, Si Lei Phua, Bruce S. Dunn, Jan Ma and Xuehong Lu. (2010). Covalently Bonded Polyaniline-TiO2 Hybrids: A Facile Approach to Highly Stable Anodic Electrochromic Materials with Low Oxidation Potentials. Chemistry of Materials, 22, 255–260.
- C. L. Toh, L. Xi, S. K. Lau, K. P. Pramoda, Y. C. Chua and X. Lu. (2010). Packing behaviors of structurally different POSS-imidazolium surfactants in clay. The Journal of Physical Chemistry Part B: Condensed Matter, Materials, Surfaces, Interfaces & Biophysical, 114, 207-214.
- P. Jia, A. Argun, J. Xu, S. Xiong, J. Ma, P. Hammond, X. Lu. (2009). Enhanced Electrochromic Switching in Multilayer Thin Films of Polyaniline-tethered Silsesquioxane Nanocage. Chemistry of Materials, 21, 4434-4441.
- X. Wang, J. K-P Ng, P. Jia, T. Lin, C. M. Cho, J. Xu, X. Lu and C. He. (2009). Synthesis, Electronic, and Emission Spectroscopy, and Electrochromic Characterization of Azulene-Fluorene Conjugated Oligomers and Polymers. Macromolecules, 42, 5534-5544.
- Huang S , Yee WA , Tjiu WC, Liu Y , Kotaki M , Boey YCF , Ma J , Liu TX , Lu XH. (2008). Electrospinning of Polyvinylidene Difluoride with Carbon Nanotubes: Synergistic Effects of Extensional Force and Interfacial Interaction on Crystalline Structures. Langmuir, 24, 13621-13626.