|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Arvind Easwaran
Associate Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering
|Arvind Easwaran is an Associate Professor in the School of Computer Science and Engineering at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He received a PhD degree in Computer and Information Science from the University of Pennsylvania, USA, in 2008. Prior to joining NTU in 2013, he has been an Invited Research Scientist at the Polytechnic Institute of Porto, Portugal, between 2009 and 2010, and a Research & Development Scientist at Honeywell Aerospace, USA, between 2010 and 2012. In NTU, he has led or is leading several research projects including real-time scheduling theory for mixed-criticality systems, resilient cyber-infrastructure and model-in-the-loop intelligent framework for smart manufacturing, design optimisation for district cooling systems, and distributed and IoT-based electricity metering and load management. He is a ACM Distinguished Speaker since 2018 and a Cluster Director in the Future Mobility Solutions research programme at the Energy Research Institute @ NTU.|
|Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) encompass systems in which the cyber world of computation and communication closely interacts with the physical world of sensors and actuators. These are highly networked and deeply embedded systems such as those found in modern day aircrafts, automotives, factories, medical devices, smart phones, electric grids, etc. From driver-less cars and air traffic management using sense and avoid, to plug-and-play operating rooms and smart electric grids that integrate traditional and renewable energy sources, intelligent automation of an enormous scale is finding its way into many of these systems.|
Current interests of the CPS Research Group @SCSE,NTU are in the design of cyber-infrastructures for CPS, especially for systems with time-critical functionalities (i.e., real-time systems). The research themes can be broadly classified as follows:
Model-based Design Methodologies
- Affordable U-healthcare Platform for Diabetes Management
- Assured-Safety Architecture for Machine Learning based CPS
- Continuous Automated Assessment for Project-Centric Learning
- Development Of A Decision Support Tool Using Modeling For Defining The Optimal Production And Distribution Solutions For Cold System In Urban Area
- Development of a decision support tool using modeling for defining the optimal production and distribution solutions for cold system in urban area
- Embedded Systems Online
- Mixed-Criticality Scheduling for Cyber-Physical Systems
- Predictable Parallelization of Cyber-Physical Systems
- Worst-Case Predictable Multi-core Processing
- Joohyung Sun, Hyeonjoong Cho, Arvind Easwaran, Ju-Derk Park and Byeong-Cheol Choi. (2019). Flow Network-based Real-Time Scheduling for Reducing Static Energy Consumption on Multiprocessors. IEEE Access, 7(1), 1330-1344.
- Vijayakumar Sundar and Arvind Easwaran. (2019). International Symposium on Real-Time Computing (ISORC): A Practical Degradation Model for Mixed-Criticality Systems. International Symposium on Real-Time Computing (ISORC)Valencia, Spain: IEEE.
- Ankita Samaddar, Zahra Rahiminasab, Arvind Easwaran, Ansuman Banerjee and Xue Bai. (2019). International Symposium on Real-Time Computing (ISORC): Linearization based Safety Verification of a Glucose Control Protocol. International Symposium on Real-Time Computing (ISORC)Valencia, Spain: IEEE.
- Zhonglin Chiam, Arvind Easwaran, David Mouquet, Samira Fazlollahi and Jaume V. Millás. (2019). A Hierarchical Framework for Holistic Optimization of the Operations of District Cooling Systems. Applied Energy, 239, 23-40.
- Daniel Jun Xian Ng, Arvind Easwaran and Sidharta Andalam. (2019). International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS): Demo Abstract: Contract-based Hierarchical Resilience Framework for Cyber-Physical Systems. International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS)Montreal, Canada: IEEE.