|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Aravind Babu Dasari
Associate Professor, School of Materials Science & Engineering
Assistant Chair (Students), School of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
|Aravind obtained the first degree (B. Tech in Chemical Engineering) from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, India in 1999 and M.S. (Chemical Engineering) from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA in 2003. He then moved to University of Sydney, Australia where he obtained his PhD in 2007 from the Center for Advanced Materials Technology (CAMT) under the guidance of Professor Yiu-Wing Mai. Upon completion of PhD, Dr Dasari continued to work as a post-doctoral fellow before moving to Madrid Institute of Advanced Studies of Materials (IMDEA Materials Institute) as a Research Scientist in early 2009 to lead the group on Multifunctional Nanocomposites. After a couple of years of exciting stint in Madrid, he joined NTU as an Assistant Professor in mid 2011. Currently, Aravind also holds a Visiting Scientist position at IMDEA Materials Institute.|
|Dr Dasari’s major research emphasis is on the development of in-depth understanding of the various facets of processing-structure-property relations in hybrid polymer nanocomposites to achieve synergistic properties for different end applications. These facets include:|
1. Thermal stability and flame retardancy (with eco-benign agents)
2. Functional properties (electrical/thermal conductivities, biodegradability and UV shielding)
3. Electrospinning techniques
4. Wear/scratch damage at different scales (macro/micro/nano)
5. Deformation and Fracture mechanisms
6. Active food packaging
- Advanced Materials for the Built Environment
- Development of Natural Fiber-based Fire-rated Boards
- Development of eco-friendly and superior flame retardant polymer nanocomposites
- Fire Retardancy of Polypropylene
- Fundamental understanding of the ignition behavior of polymer/clay nanocomposites
- Generation III Coatings: Fire Resistance and Beyond
- High Modulus PA11 with Improved Flame Resistance
- Holistic Management of HDB Flats against Spalling Concrete
- Hydrolysis of PU - Explore options to find a new testing method to replace the current one
- IMPROVING THE SHELF-LIFE OF GOURMET POPCORN
- Life Safety and Structural Fire Safety of Mega Underground Caverns in Singapore
- Polymer Matrix Composites Programme
- Polymer Nanocomposites - Novel Approaches for (Active) Food Packaging
- Understanding Fire Resistance and Termite Protection of Softwood Based CLT in Tropical Conditions
- Understanding and exploring the potential of natural hydrophobic solution
- Visualization and Manipulation of Atomic Structures and Phases
- Yan Hao Ng, Aravind Dasari, Kang Hai Tan. (2018). The 10th International Conference on Structures in Fire: Fire-retardant coatings for concrete substrate: A comparison between one-dimensional and two-dimensional heat transfer. Structures in Fire (pp. 201-208)Belfast, UK: Ulster Univeristy.
- Indraneel S. Zope, Shini Foo, Dean G. J. Seah, Aswini Tara Akunuri, and Aravind Dasari. (2017). Development and Evaluation of a Water-Based Flame Retardant Spray Coating for Cotton Fabrics. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 9(46), 40782-40791.
- Indraneel S. Zope, Aravind Dasari, and Zhong-Zhen Yu. (2017). Influence of Polymer-Clay Interfacial Interactions on the Ignition Time of Polymer/Clay Nanocomposites. Materials, 10(8), 935.
- Yan Hao Ng, Anil Suri, Aravind Dasari, Kang Hai Tan. (2017). Thermal decomposition and fire response of non-halogenated polymer-based thermal coatings for concrete structures. Surface and Coatings Technology , 320, 8.
- Reinack Varghese Hansen, Aravind Dasari. (2017, June). On the Impregnation of Cross-Laminated Timber. Paper presented at 2017 SPE-ASEAN Annual Seminar, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
« Back to Category Write-up