|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Amer Mohammad Yusuf Mohammad Ghias
Assistant Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Amer M.Y.M. Ghias (S’10–M’14) received the B. Sc. degree in electrical engineering from Saint Cloud State University, USA, in 2001, the M. Eng. degree in Telecommunications from University of Limerick, Ireland, in 2006, and the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia, in 2014. From February 2002 to July 2009, he had held various positions such as, Electrical Engineer, Project Engineer, and Project Manager, while working with the top companies in Kuwait. He has worked at UNSW, Australia (2014-2015) and the University of Sharjah, U.A.E (2015-2018). He is currently an assistant professor of the School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His research interests include model predictive control of power electronics converter, hybrid energy storage, fault-tolerant converter, modulations and voltage balancing techniques for multilevel converter, flexible AC transmissions and high voltage DC current.|
|1- High Power Density Wide-Band-Gap Converters|
2- Multilevel Converters
- Fault-Tolerant Converters
- Advanced Modulation Techniques
3- Novel Converters Topologies
4- Flexible AC Transmissions and High voltage DC Current
- Hybrid Energy Storage
- Advanced Control Methods
1- Research Fellow
2- Research Associate
3- Ph.D. Position
4- MEng Position
- Next Generation of Smart Enabled Micro-grid
- On Performance Advances of The Multilevel Converters for The Future Smart Grid
- J. Lu, J. M. Guerrero, M. Savaghebi, A. M. Y. M. Ghias, Y. Guan, X. Hou, and J. C. Vasquez,. (2019). An Effective Solution for Regeneration Protection in Uninterruptible Power Supply. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, .
- M. S. Reza, F. Sadeque, M. M. Hossain, A. M. Y. M. Ghias, and V. G. Agelidis. (2019). Three-phase PLL for grid-connected power converters under both amplitude and phase unbalanced conditions. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, .
- M. S. Reza, M. M. Hossain, and A. M. Y. M. Ghias. (2019). Open-loop approach for robust detection of selective harmonic in single-phase system. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, .
- J. Lu, M. Savaghebi, Y. Guan, J. C. Vasquez, A. M. Y. M. Ghias, and J. M. Guerrero. (2019). A reduced-order enhanced state observer control of DC-DC buck converter. IEEE Access, .