|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Goh Kim Huat
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: +65 67904808
Office: S3 B2A 34
|Kim Huat is the Academic Director for the Nanyang MBA program and Senior Editor for the Journal of the Association for Information Systems. He received his Ph.D. in business administration with specialization in economics and information systems from the Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. |
His research interests include using analytics and behavioral economic theories to model consumer behaviour in technology mediated environments, and examining the value of IT investments in firms. He has worked with various organizations such as the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (United States), Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Rockwell Automation, Telenor (Norway) and Singapore Exchange in executive training, research and business analytics related projects. He has published in top Financial Times ranked information systems and marketing journals such as MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Journal of Management Information Systems and Journal of Consumer Psychology. He was awarded the Research Excellence Award by NBS in 2013 and ranked 16th globally in terms of research productivity from 2013 to 2015 by the Associate of Information Systems based on number of publications in top information systems journals.
He teaches business analytics, trading analytics and quantitative methods at the graduate and executive level. He was awarded the Teaching Excellence Award by NBS in 2010, 2013 and 2016. He was also voted Teacher of the Year in 2015 for the MSc (Marketing and Consumer Insight) graduate program and Nanyang Business School Teacher of the Year (Business) in 2016. In 2017 and 2018, he won the University-wide Nanyang Education Award and in 2018 he was conferred as a life-long Fellow of NTU’s Teaching Excellence Academy. Kim Huat was the former Chair of curriculum for Business Analytics degree program in NBS and has earlier led and implemented the curriculum design for the new Business Analytics degree program in Nanyang Business School.
More details can be found at my personal website: http://kimhuatgoh.wordpress.com/
|Electronic Markets Strategy, Economic Value of Information Technology Investment, Behavioral Economics & Information Goods Pricing, Consumer behavior in information technology mediated environments|
- Consumers' Touch Point Preferences: A Cultural Assessment
- Digitization of Healthcare: Leveraging Analytics, Understanding Human Behaviours and Influencing Policies
- Digitizing Integrated Care: An Allocative Efficiency Approach
- Information Technology and the Disagglomeration of the Financial Services Value Chain
- Investigating the effects of social media word-of-mouth on job search behavior
- Persistence Of Social Media Sentiments And Competitive Spillover Effect In Social Media Discussions
- Han Gong, Jianxiong Huang, Kim Huat Goh. (2019). The Illusion of Double‐Discount: Using Reference Points in Promotion Framing. Journal of Consumer Psychology, Forthcoming.
- Jianxiong Huang, Wai Fong Boh & Kim Huat Goh. (2017). A Temporal Study of the Effects of Online Opinions: Information Sources Matter. Journal of Management Information Systems, 34(4), 1169-1202.
- Adrian Yeow and Kim Huat Goh. (2015). Work Harder or Work Smarter? Information Technology and Resource Reallocation in Healthcare Processes. MIS Quarterly, 39(4), 763-785.
- Kim Huat Goh and Robert J. Kauffman. (2013). Firm Strategy and the Internet in American Commerce Banking. Journal of Management Information Systems, 30(2), 9-40.
- Kim Huat Goh and Jesse C. Bockstedt. (2013). The Framing Effects of Multipart Pricing on Consumer Purchasing Behavior of Customized Information Good Bundles. Information Systems Research, 24(3), 334-351.
« Back to Category Write-up