|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Anutosh Chakraborty
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Assistant Chair (Research)
|Dr. Anutosh Chakraborty joined the Division of Thermal and Fluids Engineering on 4 January 2010 as an Assistant Professor. Dr. Chakraborty obtained his BSc (Mechanical Engineering) from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET) in 1997. He then obtained his MEng and PhD degrees from the department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS), in 2001 and 2005 respectively. Later he worked at the Institute for Materials, Chemistry and Engineering, Kyushu University, Japan as a lecturer for one year. He was awarded the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) postdoctoral fellowship in 2007.|
|(1) Adsorption Thermodynamics.
(2) Adsorption/Absorption refrigeration/Heat Pump Systems and Desalination
(3) Adsorption Gas (Methane/Hydrogen) Storage, Surface science.
(4) Pool boiling at sub-atmospheric pressure, Flow boiling, Condensation.
(5) Micro/Nano-Scale Transport Phenomena.
(6) Bulk and Nanostructured thermoelectric device and their simulation tools.
- A High Efficient Waste Heat Driven Quad-generation Plant
- Design and construct a prototype of Pressure Swing Adsorption Device for oxygen extraction to only 5-10% in a fridge chamber
- Development of Metal Organic Frameworks for Heat Transmission Applications
- Development of Nanostructured Membrane Based Metal Organic Frameworks for O2 Separation from Air
- Membrane-based Absorption Air Conditioning and Dehumidification System using Renewable Energy or Waste Head
- H.W.B. Teo, A. Chakraborty, S. Kayal. (2018). Formic acid modulated (fam) aluminium fumarate MOF for improved isotherms and kinetics with water adsorption: Cooling/heat pump applications. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 272, 109-116.
- H.W.B. Teo, A. Chakraborty. (2018). Transactions of the Japan Society of Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers: Aluminium Based Zeolites and MOFs for Adsorption Cooling. 9th Asian Conference on Refrigeration and Air-conditioning (pp. 1-6)Japan: Japan Society of Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers.
- W. Fan, A. Chakraborty, and K.C. Leong. (2018). Theoretical and experimental investigations of isosteric heats for water adsorption on silica gel surfaces. Applied Thermal Engineering, 141, 134 - 142.
- S.M. Ali, A. Chakraborty, K.C. Leong. (2017). CO2-assisted compression-adsorption hybrid for cooling and desalination. Energy Conversion and Management, 143, 538 - 552.
- Chakraborty, A., Saha, B.B., Ng, K.C., Koyama, S., Srinivasan, K. (2009). Theoretical Insight of Physical Adsorption for a single component adsorbent-adsorbate system: II. The Henry Region. Langmuir, 25(13), 7359–7367.
« Back to Category Write-up