|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Zhang Zhengyang
Lecturer, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences - Division of Chemistry & Biological Chemistry
|Zhengyang Zhang obtained his Bachelor Degree in Chemistry (First Class Honors) from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in 2009. He was awarded the Nanyang President's Graduate Scholarship (NPGS), and he pursued his Ph.D research in the same institute under the supervision of Prof. Howe-Siang Tan, working on the development of multidimensional optical spectroscopy. In 2014, he joined Prof. Ke Xu at the University of California, Berkeley for postdoctoral research on super-resolution microscopy. In 2016, he returned to NTU for postdoctoral research under Prof. Howe-Siang Tan. Zhengyang Zhang joined the Division of Chemistry and Biological Chemistry (CBC), NTU in August 2018.|
|Our research focuses on measuring the activity of catalytic reactions from the single molecule fluorescence imaging and correlate the heterogeneous catalyst reaction pathways to structural variations with nanometer spatial resolution. We are interested to develop highly sensitive, multidimensional imaging methods that improve detection of excitation energy transfer in single molecules to unambiguously determine single molecule catalytic reactions. This proposed work builds upon my previous work (Nature Methods, 2015), where we synchronously obtained the fluorescence spectra and positions of millions of single molecules in labeled cells in minutes. The main aim of our studies is to obtain useful structure–performance relationships at the level of the single catalyst particle, and further translate these insights of particle heterogeneity into the synthesis of catalyst materials with enhanced performance.|
- Probing Reactivity Patterns and Catalytic Dynamics on Single Nanocatalysts, One Molecule at a Time
- Quantitative nanoscale imaging of orientational order on ligand-capped nanocatalysts by polarized super-resolution microscopy
- Spectrally-resolved super-resolution microscopy to probe reactivity patterns and catalytic dynamics on single nanocatalysts
- Zhengyang Zhang, Adriana Huerta-Viga, and Howe-Siang Tan. (2018). Two-dimensional electronic-Raman spectroscopy. Optics Letters, 43(4), 939-942.
- Zhengyang Zhang, Petar H. Lambrev, Kym L. Wells, Gyozo Garab, Howe-Siang. Tan. (2015). Direct observation of multistep energy transfer in LHCII with fifth-order 3D electronic spectroscopy. Nature Communications, 6, 7194.
- Zhengyang Zhang, Samuel J. Kenny, Margaret Hauser, Wan Li, and Ke Xu. (2015). Ultrahigh-throughput single-molecule spectroscopy and spectrally-resolved super-resolution microscopy. Nature Methods, 12, 935.
- Zhengyang Zhang, Kym Lewis Wells, Howe-Siang Tan. (2012). Purely absorptive fifth-order three-dimensional electronic spectroscopy. Optics Letters, 37, 5058-5060.
- Zhengyang Zhang, Kym Lewis Wells, Edward William James Hyland, Howe-Siang Tan. (2012). Phase cycling schemes for pump-probe beam geometry two-dimensional electronic spectroscopy. Chemical Physics Letters, 550, 156-161.
« Back to Category Write-up