|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Fan Zheng, David
Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Dr. Fan is currently an Assistant Professor at the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering. He received his BSc and MSc degrees in Acoustics at Nanjing University in 2004 and 2006, respectively. He carried out his PhD research in Mechanical Engineering at Imperial College London from 2006 to 2010, focused on Non-Destructive Testing using ultrasonic structural guided waves. From 2010 to 2013, he continued his research in NDT as a post-doctoral research associate at Imperial College London, with particular interest in ultrasonic phased array imaging and structure health monitoring.
Dr. Fan received the Bob Chivers Prize from UK Institute of Physics for the best PhD paper in Physical Acoustics in 2010, and he was also awarded the Unwin Postgraduate Prize by Imperial College London for the best PhD thesis of the year in Mechanical Engineering.
|- Non-destructive testing of composites
- Structure health monitoring
- Materials characterization
- Ultrasonic modeling
- Advanced defect sizing in composite laminated structures via a refined ultrasonic Lamb wave technique
- Automated Advanced Ultrasonic Array Inspection for Industrial Applications
- Condition Monitoring of Gas Pipelines in Critical Locations using Ultrasonic Guided Wave Technology Energy Innovation Research Programme-Gas Technology Grant Call
- Hybrid Acoustic Metamaterials for Sustainable Noise Control and Super-resolution Imaging
- In-process Surface Roughness Measurements using Ultrasound
- Industrial Applications of ultrasonic Guided Waves
- Inspection of CFRP Composite Components for Fibre Waviness
- Inspection of CFRP Fan Blade Dovetail Roots
- Investigation of Coded Ultrasonic Guided Waves for the Application of Structural Health Monitoring
- Numerical Modeling of Corrosion Mapping in Ship Structure Using Ultasonic Guided Waves
- Numerical Simulation for Advanced Weld Screening Techniques for Fatigue Damages Using Ultrasonic Welded Guided Waves
- Patterned Subwavelength Focusing by Acoustic Metalens
- Jian Chen, Zeqing Sun, Zheng Fan. (2019). Groove-structured meta-surface for patterned sub-diffraction sound focusing. Applied Physics Letters, 114, 254102.
- Xudong Yu, Peng Zuo, Jing Xiao, Zheng Fan. (2019). Detection of damage in welded joints using high order feature guided ultrasonic waves. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 126, 176-192.
- Xudong Yu, Zheng Fan. (2018). Health monitoring of composite structural features via a time-reversal imaging technique. The 7th Asia-Pacific Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring.
- Xudong Yu, Peng Zuo, Zheng Fan. (2018). Investigation on Higher-Order Guided Ultrasonic Waves in a Welded Plate. The 45th Annual Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation.
- Xudong Yu, Zheng Fan. (2018). Diagonsis of adhesive composite joints using feature guided ultrasonic waves: from NDT to SHM. 2018 Far East Forum on Nondestructive Evaluation/Testing (IEEE FENDT 2018).
« Back to Research Directory