|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Chou Siaw Meng
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Assoc Prof Chou Siaw Meng is currently in the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering. He received his Bachelor and Ph.D. degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Strathclyde, Scotland, UK. His research interests include biomechanics and buckling of cold-formed thin-walled structures. He teaches "Mechanics of Materials" and "Biomechanics" to the undergraduate and M.Sc. (Biomedical Engineering) students. He has been involved in the training and organisation of Orthopaedic Biomechanics Course in conjunction with the Orthopaedic Advance Surgical Training Syllabus in Singapore since 1999.|
|Assoc Prof Chou Siaw Meng's research interests include biomechanics and buckling of cold-formed thin-walled structures. His current research work includes biomechanics of the hand, bone, tendon, shoulder, spine, knee as well as design of medical devices (surgical instruments, implants, etc.).|
- A comparison between cannulated and non-cannulated cancelous screws used in the fixation of a simulated femoral neck fracture
- Capere tendon repair system
- Design and Development of a Passive Cervical Traction Device Using 3D Printing
- Development and validation of a prototype gleno-humeral joint global range of motion measuring rig
- Development of a Novel Breast Oncoplastic Surgery Simulation (BOSS) Markup 3D model as a Surgical Training Tool
- Validation of a prototype mechanical knee rotational laxity measuring jig
- K.S. Fok and S.M. Chou. (2009). Development of a finger biomechanical model and its considerations. Journal of Biomechanics, 43(4), 701-713.
- Q.H. Zhang, S.H. Tan and S.M. Chou. (2006). Effects of Bone Materials on the Screw Pullout Strength in Human Spine. Medical Engineering & Physics, 28, 795-801.
- B.H. Ng, Chou S.M., V Krishna. (2005). The influence of gripping techniques on the tensile properties of tendons. Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Proceedings. Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 219(5), 349-354.
- B.H. Ng, S.M. Chou, B.H. Lim, A. Chong. (2005). The changes in the tensile properties of tendons after freeze storage in saline solution. Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Proceedings. Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 219(6), 387-392.
- D.T.T. Lie, N. Gloria, A.A. Amis, B.P.H. Lee, S.J. Yeo, S.M. Chou. (2005). Patellar resection during total knee arthroplasty: effect on bone strain and fracture risk. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, 13, 203-208.
« Back to Research Directory