|A/P Tor is currently in the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering since 1990. He obtained his Bachelor of Science from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Westminster, England, the then Polytechnic of Central London. He obtained his Ph.D. from the same University. He joined Hewlett-Packard Asia in 1986, and was subsequently promoted to R&D Productivity Manager. His research interests include micro fabrications, Mold and Tool Design and Manufacturing Informatics. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published over 150 top quality international journal and conference papers. He has successfully commercialised a productivity CAD tool for plastic injection mould designer: QuickMould TM. The software was merged with the suite of CAD/CAM software from a leading U.S. based MNC: Unigraphics Solutions. A/P Tor is the faculty fellow of Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU)since 1999. A/P Tor has also been appointed as Lecturer by MIT department of Mechanical Engineering since 2000 through his invlovement in SMA-IMST and SMA-MST programs.|
- Xipeng Tan, Yihong Kok, Wei Quan Toh, Yu Jun Tan, Marion Descoins, Dominique Mangelinck, Shu Beng Tor, Kah Fai Leong, Chee Kai Chua. (2016). Revealing martensitic transformation and α/β interface evolution in electron beam melting three-dimensional-printed Ti-6Al-4V. Scientific Reports, 6(26039), 1-10.
- B. Saha, W.Q. Toh, E. Liu, S. B. Tor and Junghoon Lee,. (2016). A study on frictional behavior of PMMA against FDTS coated silicon as a function of load, velocity and temperature. Tribology International, .
- P. Wang, Xipeng Tan, N.L.S. Nai, S. B. Tor & J. Wei. (2016). Spatial and geometrical-based characterization of microstructure and microhardness for an electron beam melted Ti-6Al-4V component. Materials and Design, 95, 287-295.
- Chong Z. Z., Tor S. B., Gañán-Calvo A. M., Chong Z. J., Loh N. H., Nguyen N.-T. & Tan S. H. (2016). Automated droplet measurement (ADM): An enhanced video processing software for rapid droplet measurements. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 20(4), 1-14.
- Chong Z. Z., Tan S. H., Tor S. B., Loh N. H., & Gañán-Calvo A. M. (2016). Active droplet generation in microfluidics. Lab on a Chip, 16(1), 35-58.