|Dr Tan Ming Jen attended Anglo-Chinese School and Anglo-Chinese Junior College, Singapore and received both his B.Sc (Eng.) and Ph.D. from The Royal School of Mines, Imperial College, London. He was Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Fellow at Kyoto University in 1991, Science & Technology Agency (STA) Fellow at the Mechanical Engineering Laboratory (A.I.S.T., M.I.T.I.), Tsukuba, Japan 1992-93, Visiting Scientist at Columbia University (2003) and Fulbright Scholar (2004) at both UCLA and Northwestern University in the U.S.|
Dr Tan has more than 200 publications in various international journals and also has more than 150 publications in international conference proceedings and book chapters. His research has over 5000 citations (Source: Scopus 2018). To date he has attracted over S$90 million research and development funds from various government funding agencies, industries and international sources as Principal Investigator. He has been consulted regularly by local industries for solving material problems and providing solutions.
He is up to recently, the Programme Director (Building & Construction) at the Singapore Centre of 3D Printing (SC3DP), and currently Director of the HP-NTU Digital Manufacturing Corporate Lab
- Yiwei Weng, Shaoqin Ruan, Mingyang Li, Liwu Mo, Cise Unluer, Ming Jen Tan, Shunzhi Qian. (2019). Feasibility study on sustainable magnesium potassium phosphate cement paste for 3D printing. Construction and Building Materials, 221, 595-603.
- Panda, B., Singh, G. B., Unluer, C., & Tan, M. J. (2019). Synthesis and characterization of one-part geopolymers for extrusion based 3D concrete printing. Journal of Cleaner Production , 220, 610-619.
- Panda, B., Ruan, S., Unluer, C., & Tan, M. J. (2019). Improving the 3D printability of high volume fly ash mixtures via the use of nano attapulgite clay. Composites Part B: Engineering, 165, 75-83.
- Panda, B., & Tan, M. J. (2019). Rheological behavior of high volume fly ash mixtures containing micro silica for digital construction application. Materials Letters, 237, 348-351.
- Panda, B., Lim, J. H., & Tan, M. J. (2019). Mechanical properties and deformation behaviour of early age concrete in the context of digital construction. Composites Part B: Engineering, 165, 563-571.