|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Wong King Yin
Lecturer, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
|Dr. King-Yin Wong received her Ph.D. in Hospitality Management from the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University. She obtained her bachelor degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management, and M.Phil degree in Marketing from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. She is currently a lecturer in the Marketing and International Business Division of Nanyang Business School, NTU Singapore. She is teaching undergraduates digital marketing, and health marketing. |
Dr. Wong’s research interests include digital marketing, tourism and service marketing, and consumer behavior. Her research has been presented at American Marketing Association Conference. She has had published in Journal of Consumer Marketing, The Sage International Encyclopedia of Travel and Tourism, and Encyclopedia of Mobile Computing and Commerce. Her opinions have been mentioned in popular media including The Straits Times, Nikkei News, Lian He Zao Bao, The New Paper, and TODAY. She has appeared on national television shows in Singapore (Channel 8’s Frontline and Hello Singapore, Channel NewsAsia) to talk about retail and tourism marketing. She has consulting experiences with hotels in Hong Kong and Singapore Tourism Board.
Dr. Wong has working experience in marketing and tourism. Prior to pursuing her postgraduate degrees, she had been working in a regional information system company, and an international apparel company responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing sales and marketing activities. She also has rotational job experiences in hotel and tourism industry during her internship in a local hotel, and a theme park in Hong Kong.
|Dr. King-Yin Wong's current research works focus on digital marketing, tourism and service marketing, and consumer behavior.|
- Marketing Travel Experience On 3D Virtual Worlds
- Wong, King-Yin. (2019). Will plans to rejuvenate Orchard Road work?.Today.
- Wong, King-Yin. (2017). How virtual reality is rapidly changing the Asian tourism industryInsight+, Institute on Asian Consumer Insight.
- Wong, King-Yin.(2017). Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) (overview of concept and uses for tracking in hospitality and Tourism. The SAGE International Encyclopedia of Travel & TourismSAGE Reference.
- Wong, King-Yin and Michael Lynn. (2017). The easy-money effect: credit card spending and hard-work reminders. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 34(7), 541-551.
- Wong, King-Yin.(2016). Carousell: How to thrive amid fierce competition?. NTU Technopreneurship Case Centre.
« Back to Research Directory