|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Gary Royden Watson Greaves
Senior Lecturer, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences - Division of Mathematical Sciences
|Gary R.W. Greaves received his PhD from the University of London in 2012 after which he became a Postdoctoral Fellow of the Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science. In 2016 he joined SPMS at NTU as a lecturer and became a senior lecturer in 2020.|
|Dr Greaves' research lies on the interface of algebra, combinatorics, and number theory with computational leanings. His research draws its motivation from and enjoys applications to problems in fields including Quantum Physics and Computer Science. He is currently occupied on problems in|
- spectral graph theory
- frame theory
- algebraic combinatorics
- algebraic number theory
- Algebraic structural constraints for distance regular graphs
- Characteristic Polynomials and Minimal Polynomials of Seidel Matrices
- On the Algebraic Degree of the Eigenvalues of a Graph
- G.R.W. Greaves and J. Syatriadi. (2019). Reed-Solomon codes over small fields with constrained generator matrices. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 65(8), 4764--4770.
- G.R.W. Greaves and P. Yatsyna. (2019). On equiangular lines in 17 dimensions and the characteristic polynomial of a Seidel matrix. Mathematics of Computation, 88, 3041--3061.
- Xi-Ming Cheng, Gary R.W. Greaves, and Jack H.Koolen. (2018). Graphs with three eigenvalues and second largest eigenvalue at most 1. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B, 129, 55--78.
- Gary Greaves, Jack Koolen, Akihiro Munemasa, and Ferenc Szollosi. (2016). Equiangular lines in Euclidean spaces.. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, .
- Gary Greaves. (2015). Small-span hermitian matrices over quadratic integer rings.. Mathematics of Computation, 84(291), 409-424.
« Back to Research Directory