|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Soh Yeng Chai
Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|SOH Yeng Chai received the B.Eng. (Hons. I) degree in electrical and electronic engineering from the University of Canterbury, New Zealand, in 1983, and the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Newcastle, Australia, in 1987. He joined the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 1987 where he is currently a professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, and the Associate Dean for Research at the College of Engineering. From 1995 to 2005, he was the Head of the Control and Instrumentation Division, then the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies at the College of Engineering from 2007 to 2008. He is also the Director of the Centre for Modeling and Control of Complex Systems.
Dr Soh’s current research interests are in robust system theory and applications, estimation and filtering, signal and information procesisng, hybrid systems and applications, and optical signal processing. He has published 200 refereed international journal papers in related areas and has 4 published patents. His research team was awarded the First Prize at the 2004 SPIE Photonics Innovation Village Competition, and the 2005 IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award.
Dr Soh has served on several scholarships and grants selection committees of the Singapore government agencies. He chaired the Technology Scan Committee on “Intelligent Systems and Sensor Networks” for the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), which is tasked to formulate science and technology roadmaps for Singapore’s future R&D funding. Dr Soh is currently a member of the Ministry of Education's Expert Panel on Physical Science and Engineering.
|Robust system theory and applications; Estimation and filtering; Signal and information processing; Hybrid systems and applications; Optical signal processing.|
- Zhou M.T., Wang Q. J., Luo B., Guo Y. X., Ong L. C., Zhang Y., Zhan Y., Soh Y. C. and Ryu Miura. (2008). Performance Improvement and Wavelength Reuse in Millimeter-Wave Radio-over-Fiber Links Incorporating All-fiber Optical Interleaver. Optics Communications, 281(9), 2572-2581.
- Sun S.L., Xie L. H., Xiao W. D. and Soh Y. C. (2008). Optimal Linear Estimation for Systems with Multiple Packet Dropouts. Automatica, 44(5), 1333-1342.
- K. C. Veluvolu, Y. C. Soh and W. Cao. (2007). Robust discrete-time nonlinear sliding mode state estimation of uncertain nonlinear systems. International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, 17(9), 803 - 828.
- K. C. Veluvolu, Y. C. Soh, W. Cao, and Z. Y. Liu. (2006). Discrete-time Sliding Mode Oservers for a Class of Nonlinear Uncertain Systems. Proceedings of American Control Conference (pp. 2605 -2610.).
- K. Li, Y. C. Soh and C. S. Zhang. (2004). Frequency Aliasing Approach to Chaos-based Cryptosystems. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I-Regular Papers, 51(12), 2470-2475.
« Back to Research Directory