|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Lee Kin Wai
Associate Professor (Practice), College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
|Lee Kin Wai is Associate Professor of Accounting at Nanyang Business School in Nanyang Technological University. He holds a First Class Honours Degree (with University Medal) in Accounting, MBA (distinction in finance) and Phd degree. He is a member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Singapore, Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants and American Accounting Association. Dr. Lee is the Vice-Chairman of the Shell Singapore Cooperative, a member of the Corporate Governance Committee of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Singapore and a member of Singapore Compact for Corporate Social Responsibility.|
Prior to joining academia, Dr. Lee had extensive experience in accounting and finance and was the Group Accounting Manager in a publicly listed multinational corporation. Dr. Lee specializes in financial statement analysis, capital market research in accounting, corporate governance and valuation. His research on corporate governance and financial accounting standards has been published in international accounting and finance journals such as Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies, Singapore Accountant and Accounting and Finance Journal and the business press such as Business Times and Straits Times. In 2007, he received the Teacher of the Year Award for the MBA programme. In 2010, he received the Teacher of the Year Award (Accounting). In 2010, he received the Nanyang Award for Excellence In Teaching by Nanyang Technological University.
|Dr. Lee Kin Wai's areas of expertise are corporate governance, financial accounting issues and business valuation.|
- Corporate Culture and Corporate Risk Management
- Earning Quality and Corporate Financing Polices of Asian Firms
- Lee Kin Wai, Gillian Yeo,. (2016). The Association between Integrated Reporting and Firm Valuation. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 47(4), 1221-1250.
- Jian Ming, Lee Kin Wai. (2015). CEO Compensation and Corporate Social Responsibility. Journal of Multinational Financial Management, 29, 46-65.
- Lee Kin Wai Lee, Lee Cheng Few,. (2014). Are Multiple Directorships Beneficial in East Asia?. Accounting and Finance - Journal of Accounting Association of Australia and New Zealand, 54, 999–1032.
- Lee Kin Wai. (2014). Compensation Committee and Executive Compensation in Asia. International Journal of Business, 19(3), 214 – 236.
- JIAN Ming, LEE Kin Wai. (2011). Does CEO Reputation Matter for Capital Investments?. Journal of Corporate Finance, 17(4), 929-946.
« Back to Research Directory