The Singapore Millennium Foundation (SMF) 6th grant call is now open.
Grant Call Areas
- Pedagogy and Learning/Special Needs Education
- Ageing and Palliative Care
- Others: a) Biomimetics, b) Sustainable Green Industry or c) Food Security
The proposals in the above areas
should preferably be in applied research, and
must have direct relevance and are beneficial to Singapore.
Duration: 1 to 3 years
Funding: $250,000 per year
*Budget for overseas conference travel: $6000 per year. However, capped at 10% of project budget or $15,000/project whichever is lower
Review of Proposals
- SMF requires all grant proposals to be reviewed by at least two review panels of the respective institutions.
- NTU can only submit
2 best proposals (including NIE) for each of the specified research areas for SMF's consideration.
Criteria for short-listing of applications for external/SMF Board review
- Focus on studies whose findings challenge current knowledge and practices
- Be novel
- Not well funded
- Be important and of direct benefit to Singapore
- Emphasize interdisciplinary approaches to solve the critical problems facing Singapore
Submission to Schools (recommended deadline, please check with your respective Schools administrators for confirmation)
16 Dec 2015: PI to submit to Schools for 1st round of review
Schools will be required to submit the following to RSO by 5 Jan 2016, 5pm for the 2nd stage of review
- At least 2 review reports with scores (template attached) – reviewers should be nominated by Chair/AcR and not be from the same School as the PI
Softcopy - PDF of WORD converted proposal for 2nd stage reviewHardcopy with
- The review comments will be used to assist the 2nd review panel in their evaluation and shortlisting and will be returned to PIs as feedback.
- AcR comments on the proposed project
- AcR original signature
- PI original signature
- Signature of all other team members
05 Jan 2016 : For 2nd panel review nominated by RSO
15 Jan 2016 : Outcome of shortlisting to PIs, together with all review comments
25 Jan 2016 : Improved shortlisted proposals due to RSO for checks and endorsement
29 Jan 2016 : RSO submission to SMF
Event: Singapore Millennium Foundation grant call briefing and discussion forum
Date: 13 Nov 2015
Time: 1.30 to 2.30 pm
Venue: LT13, Block NS2 Level 4 (NS2-04-11)
Registration (PIs should indicate interest to submit for this SMF call through the registration site even if you're unable to attend the forum) :
Please contact Dr Ong Tan Ching at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 6790 5637.