Energy Market Authority (EMA) is inviting White Papers on
close-to-market technologies in areas such as energy analytics, energy storage and grid asset management that could be developed under Phase 2 of the Pulau Ubin Micro-grid test-bed.
The objectives of Phase 2 are mainly:
- to assess the impact of intermittent energy sources on the quality of electricity supply from a micro‐grid and to develop measures to improve grid stability; and
- to assess "field performance" of various grid enhancement technologies – such as energy management systems, energy storage technologies and condition monitoring systems – and their associated deployment configurations.
For more information on scope of work, type of technologies, etc, please refer to the RFP (downloadable from
Eligibility and funding
This call is open to Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs), public sector agencies, not for-profit organisations and private sector companies. Collaborations among the above organisations are eligible too.
Selected projects under this RFP are eligible for funding support of up to 50% of the total project costs. EMA will only support, on a reimbursement basis,
the capital expenditure of the projects, including:
Application and Closing Date
- Equipment costs; and
- Associated costs for the installation, testing and removal of the technologies to be test‐bedded.
Interested applicants are requested to prepare their proposals in accordance to the RFP (attached) and kindly take note of the following:
- Section 2 ('Proposed Work') of the White Paper (Appendix B in the RFP document) should be kept to a
maximum of 6 pages, in
minimum size 12‐point font.
- Only references, diagrams and CVs are to be attached as appendices and do not count towards the page limit.
- The project duration, inclusive of the installation and removal period, shall not exceed
- Administrative checking is done by applicants and respective School Administrators. Interested applicants are requested to check with their School Administrators regarding their Schools' internal deadlines for administrative checks.
White Paper (to be submitted through School Administrators) to RSO by
3 Oct 2014.
Queries can be sent to
email@example.com or respective School Administrators.