The Academic Research Fund (AcRF) Tier 1 Grant Call 2014 (Call 2/2014) is now open, and will close on 10 September 2014.
AcRF Tier 1 grant calls are applicable for research proposals of project values between $5,000 and $400,000, over 3 years.
- For Pure Mathematics and Statistics projects under the Informatics and Mathematics discipline cluster, the TPV proposed must be $100,000 and below.
- For Projects under the Accountancy, Business, Humanities and Social Sciences discipline cluster, the TPV proposed must be $100,000 and below.
- All areas of academic research are welcome. This grant call also seeks for proposals (but not limited to) in the following research topics:
- Art, Business and Culture
- Social Computational Analytics
PIs may make budgetary justifications for items such as: equipment, consumables and conference travel in the research proposals. Indirect costs are not applicable.
Under the budget section, please refer to the list of fundable and non-fundable items under AcRF Tier 1 research projects and is for the Schools' compliance.
Referee Section - Both the PI and the school management are requested to provide sources of referees, for proposals requesting $100,000 and above.
- Each PI is allowed to submit only one application.
- Full Time Faculty Members of NTU are eligible to apply.
- Please note that Visiting Professors, Adjunct Professors and research staff are not eligible to apply.
a. Please submit your proposal via NORA:
- NTU StaffLink - Research Services - NORA
- NIE Staff Portal - Quick Links - NORA
b. Proposals submitted via NORA must be supported by the School (Chairs of Schools and HOD, where applicable).
c. All proposals must be endorsed by 10 September 2014.
Queries may be directed to the RSO-AcRFTier1 queries.