The Singapore Infectious Diseases Initiative (SIDI) has launched a call for applications for a limited number of SIDI Short Term Fellowships. The fellowship will allow successful applicants to:
· Bring in potential international collaborators/experts to Singapore for a maximum of 1 week
· Spend up to 1 week overseas on a research training attachment at a leading infectious diseases institution within Asia and Australia. This is targeted at talented young to mid-career clinicians or health science professionals /researchers with a passion for infectious disease research.
The aims of the SIDI Short Term Fellowship are as follows:
· Equip infectious disease professionals/researchers with specific skills and experience relevant to their area of research.
· Encourage, foster networking and to develop research collaborations with overseas institutions.
· Provide promising young researchers with exposures to the diversity of infectious diseases research in Asia.
This fellowship/visitorship is open to the following applicants, ranked in descending order of preference:
a) SIDI-funded principal investigators (PI's) or Research staff.
b) Potential collaborators of SIDI-funded PIs.
c) Other investigators involved in infectious diseases research.
C) Terms and Conditions of the Award
Successful applicants will be provided with up to $10,000 to cover the following:
i) Return airfare by most economical and direct route, including visa fee if applicable.
ii) 70% of the per diem based on host country rates of subsistence OR Hotel accommodation based on moderate class hotel (3 or 4 star) + 20% of per diem based on host country rates of subsistence
iii) Travel Insurance
i) Return airfare by most economical and direct route, including visa fee if applicable
ii) Hotel accommodation based on moderate class hotel (3 or 4 star) + $75 per diem per day OR $150 per diem per day without hotel accommodation
iii) Travel insurance
1) Attachment for a maximum of up to 1 week and must be organized and claims submitted before 31st January 2018
2) Attachment should have clear objectives of fostering research with a goal to assist with applicant's own research area and not be purely observational in nature.
Outgoing attachment terms
Applicant should apply with a proposed mentor, institution/centre and a concise and detailed proposal (described below).
Incoming attachment terms
Application forms should include applicants from at least two local institutions, along with a concise and detailed proposal (described below).
A report should be submitted to the SIDI Secretariat within a month after the completion of the training attachment. This should contain the following details:
· Period of visit
· Details of Host Institution and Applicant's mentor(s)
· Objectives and scope of the visit
· Description of the Activities undertaken
· How the visit benefitted the Applicant and Applicant's Department
· Any other comments
E) Application and Closing Date
Submission the following details must reach RSO for submission to SIDI by 27th June 2017 using the attached template.
i) One page CV of applicant
ii) Concise and detailed (2 pages maximum) training proposal consisting of information such as
· proposed supervisor in overseas site/proposed incoming overseas collaborator
· proposed institution/centre
· objectives and scope of the visit, relevance of proposed visit to your research and plans for the research attachment.
· Proposed budget required
iii) For research staff, please submit an email from your supervisor indicating his support and approval for submission.
Please direct any enquiries to Tan Ching at firstname.lastname@example.org , tel: 6790 5637