The Sembcorp-EMA Energy Technology Partnership (SEETP) Grant Call is now open for application. The grant call seeks to catalyse research and innovations that are industry-relevant in the following 2 areas:
Domain A: Robotics and automation technologies to enable unmanned, autonomous, and remote inspection of service corridor pipelines in Jurong Island; and
Domain B: Maximising the utilisation of low grade waste heat in a multi-utilities facility
More details are available at:
Interested applicants for the grant call are invited to attend a site visit to Sembcorp's facilities on Jurong Island (details tabled below) for each of the two domain areas of the grant call. Attendance is not compulsory for participation in the grant call. Please register your interest for the site visit by sending an email (indicating the domain area) to
15 Feb 2017, 2359 hrs. Places are limited, and registration will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
21 Feb 2017
2.00 – 4.00 pm
|Sembcorp Utilities, 51 Sakra Avenue, Jurong Island, S627894 |
21 Feb 2017
2.00 – 4.00 pm
Intellectual Property (IP)
All applicants are requested to take note of the following advice from the grant agency regarding Intellectual Property (IP) issues:
- All Foreground Intellectual Property (i.e. IP arising from the awarded projects) will vest in the grantees and Sembcorp in a manner to be mutually agreed between the grantees and Sembcorp;
- The Government and public sector agencies shall reserve a non-exclusive, nontransferable, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free right and licence to use, modify, reproduce and distribute the Foreground IP for non-commercial, R&D and/or educational purposes only.
- Researchers may like to consult the Legal and Secretarial Office and NTUitive for further advice regarding IP issues before the proposal is submitted to the grant agency.
Interested applicants are requested to prepare their proposals in accordance to grant agency's guidelines. For submission of research proposals, PIs are requested to take note of the following:
- Administrative checking is done by applicants and respective School Administrators. Interested applicants are requested to check with their School Administrators regarding their Schools' internal deadlines for administrative checks;
- Indicative interest (to be submitted through School Administrators) to RSO no later than 13 Mar 2017 noon;
- Original hardcopies (2 sets) of Full Proposal, RITA form and summary table to RSO no later than 31 Mar 2017 noon for institution endorsement;
- Suggested deadline to submit early through RITA:
no later than 7 Apr 2017 to avoid any unforeseen technical glitch of the RITA system;
- Softcopies of the full set of submitted documents (to be submitted through School Administrators) to RSO
no later than 13 Apr 2017 (after the grant call has closed).
NIE applicants are requested to contact the NIE Research Office regarding their internal deadlines and processes.
Queries can be sent to
EMA_EnergyR&D@ema.gov.sg with copy to