The Sartorius & Science Prize for Regenerative Medicine & Cell Therapy established in 2017 is an annual prize geared towards researchers focused on basic or translational research that advances regenerative medicine and cell therapy.
The prize is awarded for outstanding research performed by the applicant and as a mutual endeavour to raise awareness for the field and its fundamental significance for our future.
Essay in Science & Science Online
5-year AAAS membership and online subscription to Science
Product package from Sartorius
|Up to three runners-up||Essay published on Science Online|
The award is announced and presented at a ceremony for which Sartorius will provide financial support to help enable the grand prize winner to attend the ceremony.
· Entrants must have an advanced degree received on or after January 1, 2007.
· Candidates for M.D./Ph.D. degrees are eligible to compete for the prize if either their Ph.D. or final degree was awarded after January 1, 2007.
Entries can be made in the fields of regenerative medicine, cell therapy, gene therapy, immunotherapy as well as materials and tissue engineering.
Required documents -
Online submission by 1
· 1,000-word essay describing your research and showcases its innovation for the field. The entrant must have performed all of the work described in the essay.
· One-page letter of recommendation from his or her postdoctoral adviser, supervisor, or other senior colleague who is familiar with the entrant's work.
· A Curriculum Vitae that includes the following:
o Full citations of papers that the entrant has published on the research described in the essay
o Academic and professional awards and honours that the entrant has received
o Relevant professional experience
· 2 entrant's papers that are most relevant to the essay.
Timelines for the prize selection process(Applicant will be contacted only if there are additional materials or information needed)
|October/November/December||: Compilation and Review of Submissions - Editors from
Science will be responsible for the initial evaluation of the essays. The top 10 percent of the essays will be forwarded to the judging panel. The judging panel will be composed of prominent international researchers in the field. The essays will be rated in two areas: scientific quality and significance, and clarity and style of the writing|
|January||: Selection of Prize Winner|
|Spring 2018||: Announcement of Prize Winner and Awards Ceremony|