The Singapore Millennium Foundation (SMF) 5th grant call is now open. Attached is the grant application form.
Grant Call Areas
- Pedagogy and Learning/Special Needs Education
- Ageing and Palliative Care
- Others: a) Biomimetics, b) Sustainable Green Industry or c) Food Security
The proposals in the above areas should preferably be in applied research, and must have direct relevance and are beneficial to Singapore.
Duration: 1 to 3 years
Funding: $250,000 per year
Review of Proposals
- All grant proposals are reviewed by at least two review panels of the respective institutions.
- NTU can only submit 2 best proposals (including NIE) for each of the specified research areas for SMF consideration.
Criteria for short-listing of applications for external/SMF Board review
- Focus on studies whose findings challenge current knowledge and practices
- Be novel
- Not well funded
- Be important and of direct benefit to Singapore
- Emphasize interdisciplinary approaches to solve the critical problems facing Singapore
- PIs should indicate their interest to submit for this SMF call through the registration site even if they are unable to attend the forum.
- Both softcopy (WORD document) and hardcopy submission should reach RSO by
20 Jan 2015, 5pm.
Event: Singapore Millennium Foundation grant call briefing and discussion forum.
Date: 9 Dec 2014
Venue: LT14, Block NS2 Level 4 (NS2-04-09)
(closes on 8 Dec, 5pm)
Please contact Dr Ong Tan Ching at
email@example.com or 6790 5637.