SEA-EU-NET is offering 10 grants to excellent ASEAN researchers to receive support for the development of ERC Starting Grant proposal through the SEA EU Net Initiative. Information on the ERC Starting Grant Call for Proposal from 2014 can be found on page 20 here:
Application deadline for the Support Scheme is 1 September 2014. Successful candidates will be notified by 19 September 2014.
1. Programme Objectives of the Support Scheme
The overall objective of this scheme is to support Southeast Asian researchers in ERC proposal preparation so as to increase their chances of being awarded an ERC grant. More specifically this program will do the following:
1. Support selected outstanding Southeast Asian researchers in proposal preparation
2. Provide programme participants with information on successful ERC proposal preparation
3. Offer the participants the possibility to visit potential host institutions in Europe and prepare their proposal
2. Structure of the Scheme
· This ERC Support Scheme will initially focus on the ERC Starting Grants which support researchers at the early stages of their career (2-7 years after PhD).
· The target group for this Support Scheme are bright, young Southeast Asian researchers who demonstrate the highest potential to conduct research in the European Research Area in the future.
· This scheme offers up to ten travel grants for Southeast Asian researchers on the basis of a call for proposals. These travel grants will allow successful applicants to spend up to two weeks in Europe with the purpose of receiving information on the preparation of an ERC grant proposal, and working with their European partner(s) in the preparation of an ERC Starting Grant Proposal.
The funding per travel grant is up to €4,000. This is intended to cover return economy airfare from Southeast Asia, local travel within Europe, and food and accommodation costs for up to two weeks in Europe. A daily allowance of €50 will be granted.
The applicant is asked to submit a travel schedule with her/his application.
All other costs will get reimbursed based on submitted receipts or covered in advance by DLR.
4. Call for Proposals - Application guidelines
Required information (please use the word-template attached to this message and follow the instructions):
· Filled out application form, including:
· Travel itinerary, naming the institutions & persons to be visited and the timing schedule
· Short outline of the proposal idea (formless, max. 2 pages)
· Short outline of possible impact of the conducted research (formless, max. 1 page)
· Curriculum Vitae of the applicant (in Europass format http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home)
For interested applicants, please submit the finalized application form by 1st September 2014 to Mr. Patrick Ziegler @ email@example.com.
We would appreciate if you can forward a copy of the application form to RSO (attn.: Yennie) through your respective school administrator for record-keeping.
5. Proposed Europe Travel Programme & Reporting
· Departure from SEA (Day 1)
· Arrival in Brussels and acclimatization (Day 2)
· Meetings in Brussels - general information on Horizon2020 and ERC (Day 3)
· Visits of possible host Institutions across Europe (Day 4-12)
· Departure home (Day 13)
6. Obligations of the successful applicants
Successful applicants are required to submit a report of their mission to Europe within three weeks of having completed their travel.
Mr. Patrick Ziegler, DLR, Germany (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ms. Wanichar Sukprasertchai, NSTDA, Thailand (email@example.com)