In September 2013, BCA in partnership with the Energy Innovation Programme Office (EIPO), co-led by the Economic Development Board (EDB) and Energy Market Authority (EMA), launched the inaugural Energy Innovation Research Programme (EIRP) Grant Call for Building Energy Efficiency (BEE). The grant call was in the areas of Air-Conditioning & Mechanical Ventilation (ACMV) system and Building Management& Information System (BMIS).
2nd EIRP Grant Call for BEE
This grant call seeks innovative technologies and solutions to complement the on-going R&D efforts in the area of ACMV system, raising the bar for building energy efficiency further for both new and existing buildings. Greater emphasis will be placed on better human thermal comfort, health, satisfaction and Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) for the Tropics.
- This call is open to Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs), Research Institutes, public sector agencies, not for-profit organisations and private sector companies.
- This call strongly encourages close collaboration among local research communities and industry practitioners
- Funding awarded cannot be used to support overseas R&D activities. All funding awarded must be used to carry out the research activities in Singapore.
Award amounts per proposal will vary according to scale and topic. Applicants are advised to provide a realistic budget with appropriate justifications that corresponds to the scope of work to be accomplished. Over-budgeting is strongly discouraged.
- White Paper stage: submission of White Paper through RITA system. Shortlisted PIs will be invited for full proposal by end November 2014.
- Full Proposal stage: submission of Full Proposal (by invitation only) through RITA. Final decision for funding is anticipated around Q2 2015.
- High-technical-merit research and innovation that is novel, internationally competitive, directly addresses identified industry-challenge(s), and can lead to breakthrough results;
- Economic benefits to Singapore in terms of capabilities and manpower development, as well as commercialisation spin-offs;
- Excellent execution by an experienced research team with a good track record and whose members have the relevant and complementary expertise. Close collaboration and partnership with industry and a clear business model for the proposed innovation.
Indication of Interest:
To facilitate the internal process, all interested applicants are invited to indicate their interest to RSO by 16 September 2014 through their respective School Administrators.
Submission of White Paper:
- Applicants are required to fill in the online RITA (https://rita.nrf.gov.sg/ewi/BuildingEE2/default.aspx) application form, attach the completed White Paper (LOI) using stipulated template and the required supporting documents. It is mandatory for all white papers to be submitted and endorsed via RITA by 20 October 2014, 2355 hrs. Late submissions or submissions without endorsement will not be entertained.
- Administrative checking is done by applicants and respective School Administrators. Interested applicants are requested to check with their School Administrators regarding their Schools' internal deadlines for administrative checks.
- To avoid any unforeseen technical errors, all applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their proposals online after School Administrators' administrative check by 19 October 2014 noon for endorsement.
Queries may be directed to Dr Shi Xiaomeng: email@example.com.