We are pleased to share with you that the
Programmatic Funds scheme in
Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME) Domain is open for application.
Please see key information regarding this scheme below:
AME Programmatic Funds|
- Supports development of new and emerging capabilities far ahead of industry's readiness to deploy them for commercial purposes and typically not prior to a 8-10 year timeframe.
- Funds projects aligned with AME domain strategic objectives and have ability to deliver RIE2020 outcomes.
- Aimed at developing new and emerging capabilities relevant to existing industrial sectors or seed new growth sectors through first building scientific peaks of excellence
- May not have immediate industry application nor identifiable receptacles in Singapore
- Typically driven by a multidisciplinary team comprising public sector research performers from across the local research ecosystem
More information here: https://www.a-star.edu.sg/Research/Funding-Opportunities/Grants-Sponsorship/AME-Programmatic-Funds.aspx
Governance of AME Programmatic Funds
Strategic Review Panel (SPR)
· makes recommendations on all Programmatic Funds policies and initiatives
· comprises representatives form A*STAR, NUS, NTU and SUTD
A*STAR has been appointed as the Implementing Agency to
- evaluation and scoping of proposals together with research performers
- management of budget (e.g. fund disbursement, monitoring overall fund commitment and utilization)
- tracking progress of approved proposals
- Open to all public research performers in Singapore.
- Lead PI and Co-PI(s) must be Principal Investigators at a Singapore publicly-funded research institution, who:
- Hold at least a 0.7FTE primary appointment in a Singapore publicly-funded institution;
- Run a laboratory or research programme that carries out research in Singapore; and
- Have a track record of leadership ability in coordinating research programmes, as well as having productive research outcomes.
- Does it align with AME themes and strategies?
- Does it have the potential to develop new and emerging technological capabilities to support the continued growth and competitiveness of our manufacturing and engineering sectors?
- Is it novel and innovative?
- Does it exploit Singapore's unique and existing strengths?
- Are there compelling?
- Does it have the potential to lead to value creation and value capture in Singapore in the longer term, beyond 5 years?
- Will it attract a new industry sector and/or grow existing industry activities?
- Will it lead to the creation of new jobs and other societal outcomes?
- Does it integrate synergistic strengths and capabilities across various Singapore publicly funded research or tertiary institutions?
- Does the Programme Director have the track record and competency to lead the project?
· There is no submission deadline
· Proposals can be submitted throughout the year
Institution endorsement for applications
· All application must seek
endorsement from D-RSO prior to submission
· Please send completed proposal to RSO (rso‐firstname.lastname@example.org) through respective School Administrators for D-RSO's endorsement
Interested applicants are requested to be familiar with the requirements of the AME Programmatic Funds.
Queries can be sent to rso‐email@example.com or respective School Administrators.