The Global Research Outreach (GRO) Program is SAMSUNG’s call for innovative research proposals, open to world-leading universities researchers with the goal of establishing future research partnerships.
Selected proposals will receive financial support for one year ranging from USD $70,000 to $100,000 including reasonable overhead. Larger awards may be possible for especially outstanding proposals.
Awards may be renewed up to three years, based on research outcomes and necessity for further research partnership driven by SAMSUNG.
2014 GRO Program is seeking proposals in twelve (12) Research Themes. There are forty (40) special subjects in the themes for this year.
1. Sensor Technology
2. Machine Learning & Recognition
2. Next Generation Web
4. OLED Material
5. Energy Harvesting
6. New Display
7. Next Generation Computing
8. Gig Data & Network
9. Functional Material
10. Next Generation Battery
11. Design & Service
Documents for Proposal Submission
1. Research Proposal:
• Proposals are recommended to be no longer than 10 pages and are accepted in MS word format only.
• Additional pages may be used to provide supporting information and other data/documentation. Kindly also include the CV of PI and co-PI at the end of the proposal. Please refer "Proposal Guide & Format" document for more details
• Proposal submission is through online submission only at http://www.sait.samsung.co.kr/saithome/01_about/ag_going.jsp
• All proposals must be received by June 13, 2014, 9:00 A.M., Korea Standard Time (UTC+9).
2. GRO RA Acceptance Letter: Proposals must be accompanied by completed and duly signed unmodified RA acceptance letter. Please route the GRO RA Acceptance Letter to RSO (attn: Yennie) for D-RSO’s signature.
3. To be eligible, applicant(s) shall consent to the collection and/or use of its/their personal information in accordance with the Korean law, "Personal Information Protection Act" (the "PIPA").
Further details including detailed call for proposal of each subject, downloads of proposal guide & format, GRO acceptance letter please visit: http://www.sait.samsung.co.kr/saithome/01_about/ag_going.jsp