The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and its funding partners in the Grand Challenges family of grant programs are inviting innovators to apply for the Grand Challenges Explorations grant.
The Grand Challenges Explorations, an initiative to encourage innovative and unconventional global health and development solutions, is now accepting grant proposals, for the following topics:
• New'>'sans-serif';font-size:8.5pt;"> New Ways of Working Together: Integrating Community-Based Interventions
• New'>'sans-serif';font-size:8.5pt;"> Explore New Ways to Measure Fetal and Infant Brain Development
• Innovations in Feedback & Accountability Systems for Agricultural Development
• Inciting Healthy Behaviours: nudge, leapfrog, disrupt, reach
• Novel Enabling Tools and Models Supporting the Development of Interventions for Severe Diarrhoea and Enteric Dysfunction
Initial grants will be US $100,000 each, and projects showing promise will have the opportunity to receive additional funding of up to US $1 million. Full descriptions of the new topics and application instructions are available at: www.grandchallenges.org/explorations.
Applications will be accepted until May 6, 2014 at 11:30 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (May 7, 2014, 2.30am Singapore Time)