The SEA-EU-NET 2 project will be organising the ASEAN-EU Science, Technology & Innovation Days (STI) on 17-19 March 2015 in Paris as a bi-regional forum for cooperation activities between Europe and Southeast Asia. The conference will include plenary sessions on ASEAN-EU STI cooperation with high-level keynotes, various scientific workshops focusing on the societal challenges of Food Security and Safety, Health, and Water Management, as well as information and training sessions on funding, mobility opportunities or innovation. An Innovation Exhibition and several field trips will make the programme more interactive and interesting.
Young researchers from the 10 ASEAN countries are invited to submit papers or posters on the scientific topics of the event, more concretely:
- Infectious Diseases
- Chronic Lung Diseases
2. Food Security and Safety:
- Prevention Strategies for Mycotoxins
3. Water management
- Water, Energy, Food Nexus – Resource Use Efficiency
- Water Management under Climate Uncertainty
- Papers should be original and contain contributions of theoretical or experimental nature.
- The length of the papers should be 10-15 pages (4000-6000 words) long and authors are requested to attach an abstract (about 300 words).
- References should be made according to The Chicago Manual of Style, author-date system. (See: http://library.williams.edu/citing/styles/chicago2.php).
- Font Size: Times New Roman, 10-point, single-spaced type.
- All papers will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings with an ISBN.
- The authors of the three best articles will be invited to participate in the ASEAN-EU STI Days in Paris. Their costs (flight ticket and accommodation) will be covered by the SEA-EU-NET 2 project. 5 more articles will be selected for publishing.
- Interested scholars should submit their papers with their name, institution/organisation, address, phone e-mail address, their professional CV along with their most significant publications (max. 2 pages) as well as a motivation letter, why they are interested in participating/publishing in the frame of the ASEAN-EU STI Days.
- Please forward your paper in RTF/DOC format to Dr. Shi Xiaomeng via e-mail at email@example.com by 23 January 2015.
- The poster session offers junior researchers a great opportunity to present ongoing research to an international audience.
- Interested researchers should submit proposals for posters with the following information: title of the poster, name and contact information of the corresponding author, an extended abstract (500 words) describing the content of the poster, professional CV of the author with a list of most important publications as well as a short motivation letter why they want to be present at the ASEAN-EU STI days. The first selection of posters (12 posters) will be made on the basis of the text of the abstracts.
- Posters should not exceed the following dimensions: 841 mm wide by 1189 mm high (A0 size).
- The authors of the two best posters will be selected after the submission of the final, printable version of the posters.
- These two applicants will be invited to participate in the ASEAN-EU STI days in Paris. Their costs (flight ticket and accommodation) will be covered by the SEA-EU-NET 2 project.
- The other 10 selected posters will be printed and exhibited during the conference.
- Authors should submit their abstracts in RTF/DOC format as well as their final poster proposals in PDF format by email to Dr. Shi Xiaomeng via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December 2014.
- Having a PhD title not more than 5 years before submitting the paper/poster.
- Submitting the paper/poster on one of the thematic fields, mentioned in the call text along with all the requested documents, before the deadline. In case of the poster competition both the abstract and the final poster should be submitted before the deadline.