|Dr. Yang received his B.S. degree in chemical engineering from Tsinghua University and Ph.D. degree in chemical engineering from Yale University in 1998 and 2005, respectively. His doctoral advisor is Prof. Gary L. Haller. Dr. Yang joined School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore as an assistant professor in August 2005 right after He graduated from Yale. Dr. Yang’s primary research area is heterogeneous catalysis over metals and metal oxides. In particular, Dr. Yang is interested in understanding the fundamental catalytic concepts and phenomena using well-defined model catalyst and chemically probed reactions. The model reactions in his laboratory include aerobic oxidation of alcohols, selective hydrogenation of aldehyde, epoxidation using air, CO2 utilization (dry reforming and CO2 methanation), and SWCNT production. Along with Dr. Yang’s main research interests, he also employs the high surface area materials for various applications, e.g., protein separation, UPLC separation, enantioselective drug adsorption and release.|
- He C, Zhao J, Yang YH, Wang JY. (2016). Multiscale characteristics dynamics of hydrochar from hydrothermal conversion of sewage sludge under sub- and near-critical water. Bioresource Technology, 211, 486-493.
- Zhao J, Zhou C M, He C, Dai Y H, Jia X L, Yang Y H. (2015). Efficient dehydration of fructose to 5-hydroxymethylfurfural over sulfonated carbon sphere solid acid catalysts. Catalysis Today, 264, 123-130.
- Chao He, Ke Wang, Apostolos Giannis, Yanhui Yang, Jing-Yuan Wang. (2015). Products evolution during hydrothermal conversion of dewatered sewage sludge in sub- and near-critical water: Effects of reaction conditions and calcium oxide additive. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40(17), 5776–5787.
- He C., Chen C.-L., Giannis A., Yang Y., Wang J.-Y. (2014). Hydrothermal gasification of sewage sludge and model compounds for renewable hydrogen recovery: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 39, 1127 – 1142.
- Shao-Wen Cao, Jun Fang, Mohammad Mehdi Shahjamali, Zheng Wang, Zhen Yin, Yanhui Yang, Freddy Y. C. Boey, James Barber, Say Chye Joachim Loo and Can Xue. (2012). In situ growth of Au nanoparticles on Fe2O3 nanocrystals for catalytic applications. CrystEngComm, 14(21), 7229–7235.