|Xiong Wen (David) Lou was born in Zhejiang, China, in 1978. He received his B.Eng. (2002) and M.Eng. (2004) in chemical engineering from the National University of Singapore. He received his Ph.D. in chemical engineering from Cornell University (with Professor Lynden A. Archer) in May 2008. He is currently an Assistant Professor in School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore). As a leading author, he has published over 100 journal papers in good journals, such as JACS, Angew.Chem. Int.Ed., Advanced Materials. His papers are highly cited by others with a total ISI citation of over 3400 by July 2012. He received several awards, including the Esso Gold Medal, the Austin Hooey Prize, and the Liu Memorial Awards. He is one winner of TR35@Singapore 2012 by MIT Technology Review. Currently, he is an Associate Editor for Journal of Materials Chemistry (a RSC journal, with a 2011 IF of 5.97).
To learn most updated information about David, please visit his personal page: http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/xwlou
- Design and Synthesis of Novel Nanostructured Anode Material for High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries (LIBs)
- Design and synthesis of novel nanostructured anode material for high-performance lithium-ion batteries (LIBs)
- Development of Nanostructured Electrode Materials for Efficient Electrochemical Storage/Conversion
- Development of New-generation Lithium-ion Batteries Based on Complex Hollow Metal Oxide Nanomaterials
- High-Reliability, Long-life and Low-cost lithium Ion Batteries For Green Energy Storage Applications
- Start-up grant (David Lou XW)
- G. Q. Zhang, B. Y. Xia, X. Wang, X. W. Lou,*. (2014). Strongly Coupled NiCo2O4-rGO as a Methanol-tolerant Electrocatalyst for Oxygen Reduction Reaction. Advanced Materials, .
- C. Z. Yuan, H. B. Wu, Y. Xie,* X. W. Lou*. (2014). Mixed Transition Metal Oxides: Design, Controllable Synthesis and Energy-related Applications. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 53(6), 1488-1504.
- G. Q. Zhang, H. B. Wu, H. E. Hoster, X. W. Lou,*. (2014). Strongly Coupled Carbon Nanofiber-Metal Oxide Coaxial Nanocables as Anode Materials for Lithium-ion Batteries. Energy & Environmental Science, 7(1), 302-305.
- H. B. Wu, A. Q. Pan,* H. H. Hng, X. W. Lou,*. (2013). Template-Assisted Formation of Rattle-type V2O5 Hollow Microspheres with Enhanced Lithium Storage Properties. Advanced Functional Materials, 23(45), 5669-5674.
- H. B. Wu, H. Pang,* X. W. Lou,*. (2013). Facile synthesis of mesoporous Ni0.3Co2.7O4 hierarchical structures for high-performance supercapacitors. Energy & Environmental Science, 8(6), 598-618.