|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Sonny Ben Rosenthal
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Office: WKWSCI 03-48
- PhD (Advertising) The University of Texas at Austin 2011
- MA (Communication) Washington State University 2006
- BA(Communication & Drama)(cum laude) University of Washington 2004
|Sonny Rosenthal is an assistant professor in the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information at Nanyang Technological University. He earned his Ph.D. in advertising from The University of Texas at Austin and his M.A. in communication at Washington State University. His doctoral dissertation examined social and cognitive factors that motivate people's information seeking behaviors in the context of environmental risks. His current reseearch explores several research domains, including environmental communication, political communication, and communication research methodology. He is primarily interested in studying communication processes in environmental sustainability, with specific interest in climate change, energy conservation, and recycling.|
|Environmental communication, public understanding of science, media effects, media psychology, research methods, scale development|
- Development And Evaluation Of Easy-To-Make Live Composite Video Lectures. (HASS-4)
- Development And Evaluation Of Easy-To-Make Live CompositeVideo Lectures. (HASS-4)
- Generalizing and expanding the comprehensive action determination model: The case of recycling at home and at work.
- Sustainability Case Challenge - Chewing on Rationality
- Towards a Deep Reinforcement Learning Approach to Instil Energy-Saving Behavioural Changes for Building Occupants in the Tropical Region
- Rosenthal, Sonny. (2017). Motivations to seek science videos on YouTube: Free-choice learning in a connected society. International Journal of Science Education, .
- Rosenthal, S. & Dahlstrom, M. F. (2017). Perceived influence of proenvironmental testimonials. Environmental Communication, .
- Detenber, B.H. & Rosenthal, S. (2017). Support for censorship in a highly regulated media environment: The influence of self-construal and third-person perception over time. International Journal of Public Opinion Research, .
- Detenber, B. H. & Rosenthal, S., Liao, K. & Ho. S. S. (2016). Audience segmentation for campaign design: Addressing climate change in Singapore. International Journal of Communication, 10, 4736-4758.
- Rosenthal, S. (2016). Audience prototypes and asymmetric efficacy beliefs. Journal of Media Psychology, .
« Back to Research Directory