|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Hsu Wen Jing
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4597
- PhD National Chiao Tung University 1983
- MS National Chiao Tung University 1979
- BS National Chiao Tung University 1975
|Affiliate Faculty Fellow of Singapore-MIT Alliance Program;
Received research awards such as Ministry of Transportation Innovation Award (Merit), Best Paper Awards (PDCAT/IEEE Automation/PDCS); CrayQuest(Gold Award, Grand Champion), Silver Award (Nokia;
Has about 200 publications in reviewed journals and conferences.
A Senior Member of IEEE.
Currently Deputy Director of the Maritime Research Center and Associate Professor of School of Computer Engineering;
|High Performance Computing; Parallel and Distributed systems; |
Resource Scheduling; Multi-core Computing; Energy-efficient Scheduling; Green Computing;
Peer-to-peer systems; Personal Positioning; Location-aware systems and applications;
- Defence Innovative Research Programme (2012-)
- Singapore Maritime Institute (2014-) [by Singapore Maritime Institute (SMI)]
- An AutoStow Optimisation System for Large Containerships
- AutoStow-HP: A High Performance Stowage Planning and Optimization System for Large Container Vessels
- Decision Support System for Port Operations and Ship Operations
- Hardware/Software Collaborated Soft-Error Tolerant Design for Satellite On-Board Computations
- Improving Communication, Synchronization and Coordination among Subsystems for Coherent Real Time Management of Container Terminal Operations
- Innovative Intelligent Technology for Optimising Container Port Operations and Shipping Route Synchronisation
- Stowage Plan Generation and Optimization Engine for Large Container Ships
- Technological Foundation for Optimization of Container Terminal Operations based on Distributed and Dynamic Data Driven Simulation
- Y. He, H. Sun, W. J. Hsu. (2010). Improved Results for Scheduling Batched Parallel Jobs by Using a Generalized Analysis Framework. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 70(2), 173-182.
- K. K. Loh, W. J. Hsu, Y. Pan. (2009). Performance Evaluation of Efficient and Reliable Routing Protocols for Fixed Power Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 8(5), 2328-2335.
- H. SUn, Y,. Cao, W. J. Hsu. (2009). Nonclairvoyant Speed Scaling for Batched Parallel Jobs on Multiprocessors. ACM International Conference on Computing Frontiers.
- H. SUn, Y. Cao, W. J. Hsu. (2009). Competitive Two-Level Adaptive Scheduling Using Resource Augmentation. International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium.
- Y. He, W. J. Hsu and C. Leiserson. (2008). Provably Efficient Online Nonclairvoyant Adaptive Scheduling. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 19(9), 1263-1279.
« Back to Research Directory