|Dr. Huang Shell Ying is a senior lecturer with the School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. She obtained both her B.Sc(Eng) in Computing Science with Honours and her PhD from Imperial College, London. Her research interests are in simulation based optimization heuristics, metaheuristics, computational science, computational logistics and intelligent decision support systems. |
She has been the principle investigator or co-principle investigator for a number of projects funded by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore, NSTB (now the ASTAR), GINTIC (now the SimTech), PSA International, Jurong Port Pte Ltd, Surbana Consultants, APL and NTU. She has published about 100 publications in books, international journals and international conferences. She was awarded the Minister’s Innovation (Merit) Award by Minister for Transport of Singapore, Mr. Raymond Lim in 2007 for her contribution in the research work in optimization of container port operations.
Courses she has given lectures and tutorials: Compiler Techniques, Algorithms, Advanced Algorithms, Simulation & Modelling, Introduction to Programming, Discrete Mathmatics, Engineering Mathematics.
Courses she has given tutorials: Operating Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Data Structures, Object-oriented Programming.
Shell Ying Huang, Ya Li, Meimei Lau and Teck Chin Tay. (2014). YARD CRANE DEPLOYMENT IN CONTAINER TERMINALS. 2014 Winter Simulation Conference.
Shell Ying Huang, Ya Li and Xi Guo. (2014). YARD CRANE DISPATCHING TO MINIMIZE VESSEL TURNAROUND TIMES IN CONTAINER TERMINALS. 2014 Winter Simulation Conference.
Shell Ying Huang and Zhun Chong Tay. (2013). A Framework for Automated Real-Time Management of Container Handling Equipment. The 2013 International Conference on Logistics and Maritime Systems.
Shell Ying Huang and Xi Guo. (2013). Reducing Simulation Costs of Embedded Simulation in Yard Crane Dispatching in Container Terminals. SIGSIM-PADS’13.
Shell Ying Huang, Wen Jing Hsu, Hui Fang and Tiancheng Song. (2013). A Marine Traffic Simulation System for Hub Ports. SIGSIM-PADS’13.
Xi Guo, Shell Ying Huang. (2012). Dynamic Space and Time Partitioning for Yard Crane Workload Management in Container Terminals. Transportation Science, 46(1), 134-148.
Xi Guo, Shell Ying Huang, Wen Jing Hsu and Malcolm Yoke Hean Low. (2011). Dynamic Yard Crane Dispatching in Container Terminals with Predicted Vehicle Arrival Information. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 25(3), 472-484.
Shell Ying Huang, Wen Jing Hsu and Yuxiong He. (2011). Assessing Capacity and Improving Utilization of Anchorages. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 47E(2), 216-227.
Shell Ying Huang, Huiliang Zhang. (2011). Activity Scheduling for a Robotic Caretaker Agent for the Elderly. International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems , 5(1), 3-23.
Malcolm Yoke Hean Low, Min Zeng, Wen Jing Hsu, Shell Ying Huang, Fan Liu, and Cho Aye Win. (2010). Improving Safety and Stability of Large Containerships in Automated Stowage Planning. IEEE Systems Journal, .
H. Zhang and S. Y. Huang. (2008). A general framework for parallel BDI agents in dynamic environments. Web Intelligence and Agent Systems: An International journal, 6(3), 327-351.
Huang Shell Ying, Guo Xi. (2011). An Improved Least Cost Heuristic for Dynamic Yard Crane Deployment in Container Terminals. the 7th Annual IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE 2011).
Xi Guo and Shell Ying Huang. (2010). Deciding on Planning Windows by Partitioning Time for Yard Crane Management in Container Terminals. 1st International Conference on Computational Logistics.
Xi Guo, Shell Ying Huang. (2010). A Two Stage Yard Crane Workload Partitioning and Job Sequencing Algorithm for Container Terminals. 25th Symposium on Applied Computing.
- Huang Shell Ying, Li Ya. (2017). Yard Crane Scheduling to Minimize Total Weighted Vessel Loading Time in Container Terminals. Flexible Services and Manufacturing Journal, 29(3), 689-720.
- Shell Ying Huang, Wen Jing Hsu, Hui Fang and Tiancheng Song. (2016). MTSS – a Marine Traffic Simulation System and Scenario Studies for a Major Hub Port. ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation, 27(1).
- Shell Ying Huang and Ya Li. (2014). REDUCING SIMULATION COSTS IN ATCRSS ALGORITHM FOR JOB SCHEDULING PROBLEMS. The 2014 European Simulation and Modelling Conference.
- Shell Ying Huang and Ya Li. (2013). Adapting ACTRSS Rule to Yard Crane Dispatching to Minimize Job Tardiness in Container Terminals. The 2013 International Conference on Logistics and Maritime Systems.
- Li Qin Song and Shell Ying Huang. (2013). A Hybrid Metaheuristic Method for Dispatching Automated Guided Vehicles in Container Terminals. IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence 2013.