|Asst Prof Pang Zhen|
Division of Mathematical Sciences
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
- PhD National University of Singapore 2006
- MSc Beijing University of Technology 2002
- BSc (Maths) Soochow University 1999
|Prof Pang Zhen is currently in the School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences since 2008. He obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics from the Soochow University. Driven by a keen interest in applications, he did postgraduate study in statistics and obtained a master degree from the Beijing University of Technology. He did his PhD in statistics at the National University of Singapore from 2002 to 2005. From 2006 to 2008, he is a postdoctoral and research fellow at the Australian National University. Statistical science has come a long way since the early days when the emphasis was on linear models for independent univariate data. With the development of technology, we have to deal with multivariate, dependent and non-linear data nowadays. He is quite interested in the generalizations of these three aspects. He has attended several international conferences and had a few publications in high quality journals. He also acts as referee to review papers for a few journals.|
|He is interested in developing methods for the multivariate, dependent and non-linear data. His current research emphasises on the correlated multivariate binary data analysis from developmental toxicity studies, bootstrapping data with multi-levels of variations, robust methods, survey methodology and generalized linear mixed models.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-)
- Start Up Grant (2008-)
|Current Projects |
- Bootstrapping inference of Non-Gaussian GLMMs
- Statistical Inference of the Single-Index Model with Random Effect
- Zhensheng Huang, Zhen Pang, and Tao Hu. (2013). Testing structural change in partially linear single-index models with error-prone linear covariates. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 59, 121–133.
- Pang Z., Xue L. (2012). Estimation for Single-index models with random effects. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 56, 1837-1853.
- Field CA, Pang Z, Welsh AH. (2012). On the boundedness and Nonmonotonicity of Generalized Score Statistics. American Statistician, 66, 92-98.
- C. A. Field, Z. Pang and A. H. Welsh. (2010). Bootstrapping Robust Estimates for Clustered Data. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 105(4), 1606–1616.
- C. A. Field, Z. Pang and A. H. Welsh. (2008). Bootstrapping data with multiple levels of variation. Canadian Journal of Statistics, 36(4), 521-539.