|Assoc Prof Dong Zhili |
Division of Materials Science
School of Materials Science & Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6727
- PhD Tsinghua University 1989
- BE Tsinghua University 1984
|Dr. Dong received his PhD in Materials Science and Engineering and Bachelor of Engineering from Tsinghua University, China. During his study towards a PhD degree, he was granted a Japanese Government Scholarship and studied at Osaka University in 1987 and 1988. He completed his PhD work in 1989 under the MOE Joint PhD Programme.
Prior to joining the School of Materials Science & Engineering, Dr. Dong worked at the Institute of Environmental Science and Engineering / Environmental Technology Institute of A*STAR as a senior research scientist, School of Mechanical and Production Engineering of NTU as a research fellow, University of Barcelona as a visiting professor. He was a lecturer at Tsinghua University before joining the University of Barcelona.
Dr. Dong has more than twenty years experience in transmission electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction of materials. His research interests include open-framework materials, nanostructured functional materials, advanced coatings and materials synthesis. He has authored/co-authored over 100 scientific publications.
|Dr. Dong has more than twenty years experience in transmission electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction of materials. His research interests include open-framework materials, nanostructured functional materials, advanced coatings and materials synthesis.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2011-)
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2011-) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2005-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-)
- NEA Environment Technology Research Programme (2010-)
- ceEntek Pte Ltd (2012-)
|Current Projects |
- Advanced Waste Gasification/Pyrolysis for Bio-Energy (Bio-Syngas or Bio-Oil) Production
- Controlled Synthesis of Catalytic Polyoxometalates for the Removal of Phenol from Waste Water
- Design and manufacturability of thermoplastic flexible risers
- Development of Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Ultra High Performance Concrete (CNT-UHPC)
- Development of coiled flexible sub-sea thermoplastic composite risers
- Low-temperature Solution-processed Protonated Titanium Oxides for Photocatalytic Applications
- Zhang L. Z., Liu X, Dong Z. L. (2009, July ). Temperature-dependent single-crystal to single-crystal phase transformation based on polyoxometalates. Paper presented at The 5th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT 2009), Singapore.
- Dong Z. L. (2009). X-ray diffraction, Rietveld crystal structure refinement and high-resolution transmission electron microscopy of nano-structured materialsHandbook of Nanoceramics and Their Based Nanodevices. United States: American Scientific Publishers.
- Dong Z. L. (2008). Rietveld refinement and high-resolution transmission electron microscopy of synthetic apatites for advanced applications. 7th International Conference on Materials Processing for Properties and Performance.