|Asst Prof Zhou Jie|
Division of Economics
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD University of Western Ontario 2007
- MS Wuhan University of Technology 1996
- BS Wuhan University of Technology 1993
|Asst Prof Jie Zhou joined NTU in 2007 after obtaining his PhD in Economics from the University of Western Ontario, where he also served as Teaching Fellow. He has also worked in China's financial industry for several years. His research interests are in life-cycle portfolio choice, pension plans and retirement savings, and macroeconomic theory. His current research topics include the role of private pensions in accounting for the distribution of retirement wealth across U.S. households, and stock market participation rates in taxable and tax-deferred accounts.|
|Life-cycle portfolio choice, pension plans and retirement savings, macroeconomic theory.|
|Research Grant |
|Current Projects |
- Life Cycle Stock Market Participation in Taxable and Tax-deferred Accounts
- Jie Zhou. (2009). The Asset Location Puzzle: Taxes Matter. Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control, 33(4), 955-969.
- Jie Zhou. (1998). On Transforming China's State-owned Enterprise into Publicly Listed Corporation. Reform and Opening, .
- Jie Zhou, Mengxing He. (1994). Forecasting the Economy of Hubei Province by Grey Model. Wuhan University Journal (Philosophy & Social Science Edition), .
- Jie Zhou. (1994). Stock Market in China: New Developments and Prospects for Reform. Consultation and Decision, .