|The research programs in the Zhao group focus on organic and materials chemistry and branch out into the related fields of biological, physical, and medicinal chemistry. We utilize interdisciplinary approaches to investigate the emerging problems at the forefront of chemistry and materials, aiming to address some of the technological needs in today’s society, such as responsive nanomaterials, general approach for controlled drug delivery, and sensing devices for medical diagnostics and gene-chip technologies. The applications in cancer therapy, energy, and sensor technology are keenly investigated at the more advanced stages.|
- Chaoliang Tan, Lingzhi Zhao, Peng Yu, Ying Huang, Bo Chen, Zhuangchai Lai, Xiaoying Qi, Min Hao Goh, Xiao Zhang, Shikui Han, Xue-Jun Wu, Zheng Liu, Yanli Zhao, and Hua Zhang. (2017). Preparation of Ultrathin Two-Dimensional TixTa1-xSyOz Nanosheets as Highly Efficient Photothermal Agents. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, .
- Meiting Zhao , Yixian Wang , Qinglang Ma , Ying Huang , Xiao Zhang , Jianfeng Ping , Zhicheng Zhang , Qipeng Lu , Yifu Yu , Huan Xu , Yanli Zhao , Hua Zhang. (2015). Ultrathin 2D Metal–Organic Framework Nanosheets. Advanced Materials, 27(45), 7372-7378.
- Wang JG, Zhao YL, Yokoi T, Kondo JN, Tatsumi T. (2014). High-Performance Titanosilicate Catalyst Obtained through Combination of Liquid-Phase and Solid-Phase Transformation Mechanisms. ChemCatChem, 6(9), 2719-2726.
- H. Li, A. C. Fahrenbach, A. Coskun, Z. Zhu, G. Barin, Y.-L. Zhao, Y. Y. Botros, J.-P. Sauvage, J. F. Stoddart. (2011). A Light-Stimulated Molecular Switch Driven by Radical–Radical Interactions in Water. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 50(30), 6782–6788.
- M. W. Ambrogio, C. R. Thomas, Y.-L. Zhao, J. I. Zink, J. F. Stoddart. (2011). Mechanized Silica Nanoparticles: A New Frontier in Theranostic Nanomedicine. Accounts of Chemical Research, 44(10), 903–913.