|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Zhao Yanli
Division of Chemistry & Biological Chemistry
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
- PhD (Chem) Nankai University 2005
- BS (Chem) Nankai University 2000
|Dr. Zhao received his B.Sc. degree in Chemistry from Nankai University in 2000 and his Ph.D. degree in Physical Chemistry there in 2005 under the supervision of Professor Yu Liu. He was a postdoctoral scholar with Professor Sir Fraser Stoddart at University of California, Los Angeles (October 2005 to November 2008) and subsequently at Northwestern University (January 2010 to August 2010). In between times (December 2008 to December 2009), he was a postdoctoral scholar performing research work in the group of Professor Jeffrey Zink at University of California, Los Angeles. He received a National Research Foundation Fellowship in 2010. He is currently an Associate Professor in both the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences and the School of Materials Science and Engineering at Nanyang Technological University.|
|The research programs in the Zhao group focus on organic and materials chemistry and branch out into the related fields of biological, physical, and medicinal chemistry. We utilize interdisciplinary approaches to investigate the emerging problems at the forefront of chemistry and materials, aiming to address some of the technological needs in today’s society, such as responsive nanomaterials, general approach for controlled drug delivery, and sensing devices for medical diagnostics and gene-chip technologies. The applications in cancer therapy, energy, and sensor technology are keenly investigated at the more advanced stages.|
- A*STAR Individual Research Grant (AME Domain) (2017-) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2012-2017) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2016-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2017-) [by MOE]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2017-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- NTU Internal Funding (2015-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- AIN Resonators Coated with Polymers For Improved Sensitivity
- An Advanced Air Treatment Unit for New Generation HVAC Systems
- Developing Biocompatible Materials for 3D Printing
- Light- and pH-Operated Mechanized Nanoparticles as Controllable Drug Delivery Systems
- Mesoporous Material Supported Single-Site Pd(II) for C-H Functionalization
- Novel Metal-Organic Porous Materials for Heterogenous Catalysis
- Novel Porous Materials for High-Efficient CO2 Capture and Catalytic Conversion
- Porous Materials-Supported Heterogeneous Catalysts for Alcohol Activations
- SPURc Subproject 1.1 - Physical CO2 Capture and Separation
- SPURc Subproject 2.2 - Electrochemical Route for Syngas Production
- Start Up Grant
- Start Up Grant
- Super hydrophobic Boron Nitride nanotube aerogel for selective CO2 adsorption
- Three-Dimensional Visualization of Stereochemistry Facilitates Student Learning in Organic Reaction Mechanisms
- Ultra-Small Nanoparticle-Based Platform for Photodynamic Skin Cancer Therapy
- Chaoliang Tan, Lingzhi Zhao, Peng Yu, Ying Huang, Bo Chen, Zhuangchai Lai, Xiaoying Qi, Min Hao Goh, Xiao Zhang, Shikui Han, Xue-Jun Wu, Zheng Liu, Yanli Zhao, and Hua Zhang. (2017). Preparation of Ultrathin Two-Dimensional TixTa1-xSyOz Nanosheets as Highly Efficient Photothermal Agents. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, .
- Meiting Zhao , Yixian Wang , Qinglang Ma , Ying Huang , Xiao Zhang , Jianfeng Ping , Zhicheng Zhang , Qipeng Lu , Yifu Yu , Huan Xu , Yanli Zhao , Hua Zhang. (2015). Ultrathin 2D Metal–Organic Framework Nanosheets. Advanced Materials, 27(45), 7372-7378.
- Wang JG, Zhao YL, Yokoi T, Kondo JN, Tatsumi T. (2014). High-Performance Titanosilicate Catalyst Obtained through Combination of Liquid-Phase and Solid-Phase Transformation Mechanisms. ChemCatChem, 6(9), 2719-2726.
- H. Li, A. C. Fahrenbach, A. Coskun, Z. Zhu, G. Barin, Y.-L. Zhao, Y. Y. Botros, J.-P. Sauvage, J. F. Stoddart. (2011). A Light-Stimulated Molecular Switch Driven by Radical–Radical Interactions in Water. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 50(30), 6782–6788.
- M. W. Ambrogio, C. R. Thomas, Y.-L. Zhao, J. I. Zink, J. F. Stoddart. (2011). Mechanized Silica Nanoparticles: A New Frontier in Theranostic Nanomedicine. Accounts of Chemical Research, 44(10), 903–913.