|Asst Prof Zhang Jie|
Division of Software & Information Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6245
- PhD (CompSc) University of Waterloo 2009
- MSc (CompSc) University of New Brunswick 2005
- BSc (CompSc) (Hons) University of New Brunswick 2003
|Jie Zhang is an Assistant Professor of the School of Computer Engineering and Academic Fellow of the Institute of Asian Consumer Insight at NTU. He obtained Ph.D. in Cheriton School of Computer Science from University of Waterloo, Canada, in 2009. During PhD study, he held the prestigious NSERC Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship rewarded for top PhD students across Canada. He was also the recipient of the Alumni Gold Medal at the 2009 Convocation Ceremony. The Gold Medal is awarded once a year to honour the top PhD graduate from the University of Waterloo. His papers have been published by top journals and conferences. He has won 4 best paper awards at CNSM'10, IM'09, ITCS'10 and CSWWS'06. Jie Zhang is also active in serving research communities as guest editor for Computational Intelligence, trust theme chair for PST'13, co-chair for WIT-EC and TRUM, associate editor for ICIS'10, PC for AAMAS, AAAI and IJCAI, and reviewer for JAAMAS, Artificial Intelligence journal, etc.|
|Jie Zhang's research has been focused on the design of effective, robust and scalable intelligent software agents and incentive mechanisms, through the modeling (trustworthiness, preferences, cognition and knowledge status) of different entities in a wide range of environments (e.g. e-marketplaces, ad hoc networks, social networks, social and semantic web, e-learning systems and collaborative intrusion detection networks) where each entity may provide opinions about others, using AI techniques (data mining, machine learning and probabilistic reasoning).|
* Artificial Intelligence and Multi-Agent System
* Trust Modeling and Incentive Mechanism for:
- Collaborative Security
- Social (Semantic) Web
- Service Computing
- Vehicular Network
* Adaptation, Personalization and Recommendation
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR (2010-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-2013)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2012-)
- NTU Internal Funding - College of Engineering (2012-)
- Start Up Grant (2010-)
|Current Projects |
- Distributed Trust Modeling for Real-time Environments and in Scenarios of System Security
- Formal Modeling and Analysis of Collaborative Security
- Mechanism Design for Distributed Environments
- ROSE (Reputable Opinion Social Environment) via Connectors, Mavens, and Salesmen
- Towards Effective Trust Management with Desired Properties for Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks to Improve Road Safety and Reduce Congestion
- User and Domain-Driven Analytics as a Service Framework
- Hui Fang, Yang Bao and Jie Zhang. (2013). Misleading Opinions Provided by Advisors: Dishonesty or Subjectivity. 23rd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI).
- Athirai A. Irissappane, Siwei Jiang and Jie Zhang. (2013). A Framework to Choose Trust Models for Different E-Marketplace Environments. 23rd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI).
- Siwei Jiang, Jie Zhang and Yew-Soon Ong. (2013). An Evolutionary Model for Constructing Robust Trust Networks. 12th International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS).
- Hui Fang, Jie Zhang and Nadia Magnenat Thalmann. (2013). A Trust Model Stemmed from the Diffusion Theory for Opinion Evaluation. 12th International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS).
- Yuan Liu, Qin Li, Jie Zhang. (2012). Coalition formation game-based reputation system. The 1st Workshop on Incentives and Trust in Electronic Commerce.